Onslaught to Orsha 2 Errata

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
It was intended as a long-range indirect fire weapon. Even if it could traverse, could the crew adjust the aiming stakes rapidly enough to engage other targets and use what other than the barrel for direct fire aim not to mention cutting the charges small enough to allow very short-range fire. All in all, a decent game mechanic to represent the difficulties these systems would face in a direct fire confrontation.
Some interesting points here, and maybe you noticed (or possibly overlooked) that I didn't argue against the other conditions of C10.15, just the fact that there can be no change of CA.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OTO14 Hornet Swarm question: SSR2 indicates placement of a sparse orchard counter on hex Q9 which is a road hex. I am wondering if it is meant to be placed on O9 (a regular orchard)?

All of the other SSR2 sparse orchard counter placement locations are "covering up/converting" buildings, woods or regular orchards. I just want to check before completing my setup as it impacts LOS from the hills. Am excited to get this one going! Thanks!

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
In OTO4 Funnel of Death. Per SBR 3 do the Germans reveal all fortifications except mines or only the ones that are not in concealment terrain?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Germans reveal all fortifications except mines.

Normally, a fortification at 16 hexes or less in LOS is revealed and at 17 or greater in concealment terrain could remain HIP. So what we are saying is that the fortification at 17 hexes or greater in concealment terrain must also be revealed.

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
So why not just say that all fortifications except mines must be revealed if the Russians set up on board?

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So why not just say that all fortifications except mines must be revealed if the Russians set up on board?
Remember, technically this is from ~25 years ago. I think it was worded as is as more of an explanation of the timing and could have been more terse.
I probably received testing/editing input that got to the wording. But it is very difficult for me to remember the exactness of all of this so many years ago.

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
Remember, technically this is from ~25 years ago. I think it was worded as is as more of an explanation of the timing and could have been more terse.
I probably received testing/editing input that got to the wording. But it is very difficult for me to remember the exactness of all of this so many years ago.
Noted. Thanks gentlemen.