New members introduce yourself here

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I didn't quit drinking booze entirely. I just don't drink anymore. I'm not sure if it would help or hurt. I don't need to drink a bunch and gain weight BUT it is a blood thinner which I do need. :hmmm:

I guess when (and if) I make it back up to ASLOk I'll take the week off from my non-drinking.

Willowcrown

Reaction score
Well that totally makes sense man. No one should give you crap for not drinking. If you have a heart condition is coffee good for you? I thought that caffeine was bad for the heart?
I have him drinking low-caffeine coffee and tea. That's his third heart failure so he has to watch how much sodium more than anything. He's a stubborn cuss, he's going to sneak off his diet but he'll watch it or I'll make him watch Brady Bunch re-runs. And if he's really bad make him take me to LA Dodger baseball games since hes an old Houston Astro lover.

Nicky
PS
Andy, Jeff , Tim and Marry and I thank you all for being here for uncle Drow and us too
Love you all
Nicky

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Okay, how do you

:hmmm:
Quitting is such a harsh term, far better to just not drink. You've not quit but chosen at this time to not have a drink. A bit like not eating meat but not being a vegetarian. If you were presented with it, you'd eat it but you don't seek it out.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks guys going to stick my coffee and ice tea. I'll just dream of the days good beer and whiskey and lol BS about the good old days.

Bill
Bill I was jesting about the whisky , I became diabetic a few years ago and have had to stop eating a load of things that I used to like a lot! Gave up on beer, but still have the occasional wine or malt whisky.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Bill I was jesting about the whisky , I became diabetic a few years ago and have had to stop eating a load of things that I used to like a lot! Gave up on beer, but still have the occasional wine or malt whisky.
Do you still drink the blood of ASL noobs from a WWII mess kit, or is that just an urban legend?:laugh:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Ah that is good, 3 wow, I am glad I don't do salt, have lost 40+ pounds (quit eating bad foods/fat), walk/hike and only drink occasionally.

Your too young to know but there was an old show about a flying nun in the 60's make him what that or that one about Mr. French the butler guy or that other 60s show were they sung "People let me tell you about my best friend" blah, blah, blah...lol maybe that will keep on the straight and narrow.

Stay Healthy Drow.

I have him drinking low-caffeine coffee and tea. That's his third heart failure so he has to watch how much sodium more than anything. He's a stubborn cuss, he's going to sneak off his diet but he'll watch it or I'll make him watch Brady Bunch re-runs. And if he's really bad make him take me to LA Dodger baseball games since hes an old Houston Astro lover.

Nicky
PS
Andy, Jeff , Tim and Marry and I thank you all for being here for uncle Drow and us too
Love you all
Nicky

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Quitting is such a harsh term, far better to just not drink. You've not quit but chosen at this time to not have a drink. A bit like not eating meat but not being a vegetarian. If you were presented with it, you'd eat it but you don't seek it out.
Ah, okay that now makes sense. I get it now.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ed Zachry! ;)

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
That Mr. Zachry sure gets around, I have even heard of him up here in the northwest suburbs of Chicago man.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That Mr. Zachry sure gets around, I have even heard of him up here in the northwest suburbs of Chicago man.
He is? Me an' Guido was wondering' 'bout the whereabouts of Mr Zachary...you don't not pay Eddie Gonzales when you takes credit at his shop...kapeesh?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
He is? Me an' Guido was wondering' 'bout the whereabouts of Mr Zachary...you don't not pay Eddie Gonzales when you takes credit at his shop...kapeesh?
Eddie and Tony they are some good fellows there you know, real good eaters and really good guys, they got my back... :cool:

Redshift

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi everyone. Im a newbie but just got full ASL rulebook last week. Its great to be here. I hope you wont mind me asking too many questions!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Welcome Redshift, I have seen that avatar before, is that from the game Titian? I have either seen it on a General cover or on a Ronnie James Dio album, lol.

So you just got the ASLRB, do you have Beyond Valor? Have you played any of the Starter Kits (SK or ASLSK) stuff? Have you played at all yet or just picked up the rule book?

Redshift

Reaction score
Country
ll
Welcome Redshift, I have seen that avatar before, is that from the game Titian? I have either seen it on a General cover or on a Ronnie James Dio album, lol.

So you just got the ASLRB, do you have Beyond Valor? Have you played any of the Starter Kits (SK or ASLSK) stuff? Have you played at all yet or just picked up the rule book?
:) I just chose it because it went with my usernname - pretty unimaginative I know. I do have Beyond Valor but have just been gazing at the box cover and reading the back. Ive played a few SK scenarios, perhaps 2 or 3 from each level f2f with a pal. The rule book is awesome but I really do need to break it down into its component parts. Ive been working on a check list for the sequence of play which I hope I can upload for other newbies just making the transition to the real thing

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Cool sounds like your heading in the right direction, just remember just because there are four main chapters (A-D) you don't have to read every page. You never use it all in any one scenario. Its like a cook book sort of, a little here and little there.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I hope you wont mind me asking too many questions!
Be sure to post rules questions in the Rules & Errata section. You will be surprised at how quickly they are answered, no matter how obscure they are. I only try to answer them if I'm close to 100% certain I'm correct. So, I don't answer too many :paperbag: .