Kreta Map Fix (ideas and concerns)

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, guys have a good understanding what we can do about the map. I will post the ideas here, please don't turn this into anything other than how it's intended i.e. if you hate me or what we are trying to do I'm not that interested...but if you want to help then I'll listen!

The following are statements don't over interprete them, I wanted to do a poll but could not figure out how! ***

1. There are only a few customers with real issues, replace those from currently printed stock and move on.

2. Reprint some lesser number of maps (from the production number) and replace only those who are unhappy

3. Maps printed in 4 sections with heavier paper of course, a more resonable cost, possibly just a shipping charge*

4. Full production on maps heavier paper, non-gloss and in two sections. A shipping charge along with a production cost lets call it an "ungraded" map total cost to get a new map would be around $10.00 for US and $16.00 for overseas customers.**

* Additional shipping unfortunatly will sink us. I feel terrible but even my fortune 49 company that I work for instituted this kind of policy, It's all about economic profitability.

** the subcontractor is claiming no wrong doing and he did what was ordered. Disagreements on stock and glossiness not swaying the situation. So it will cost me roughly $5.00 per copy, and current rates to ship are $5.00 US and between $9 and 11 overseas.

*** The Artifact issue on the scenario cards cannot be fixed without a full reprint. Therefore the printer is going to give a fairly significant discount on the next printing that I will pass along to you. WHile the artifacts are utter BS only one effects play and that is the enter with 1/2 MP/MF expended (NKIH)

Ok there you have it, don't acuse me of not listining to the customer, Of course I may not decide on your choice and or new idea, but at least I am asking for your help!

Last edited:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I choose option # 4.

I'd be happy to pay $16 (overseas) for a 'heavy-stock' map in two sections.

I have not seen the original 'lightweight-stock' map yet, but I am sure I could live with two copies of the map, even if I have to pay extra and particularly if the 2nd map is of better quality.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Cheers, Steve, for your keen interest in helping your customers.

For what it's worth, I suggest printing a small run of new two-part, non-gloss maps for those customers with problems and who express a need for help and then for go-forward, new product, switch entirely to this non-gloss version.

BTW - I hope you're firing this print company.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems to me if you do #4, (or possibly even some of the others) you need to do a "P#" kind of list. You'll need to know how many you need, won't you?

I haven't seen mine yet, so I don't know if I care. :cool:

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
I'm not happy but, the one I would choose is number 4. The cost is not unreasonable and I think this would be the most workable from a players stand point. The Map looks great so lets do it justice.
Please if possible could you have a one hex row overlap?
Thanks
Dave

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like option 4. You might want to charge a little more just to make sure its not a losing proposition.

Peebs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still waiting for mine as well, but if there are issues with folding and unfolding on the original map, then i'm for option #4 as well.

Thank you for your time. :smoke:

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will we be able to order an upgraded map with another HOB order to eliminate the shipping cost -- much like the RBF counters? I thought this was a good and fair option for those wanting to cut out the shipping cost.

If this is the case, option 4 for me.

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All,

Thanks for the responses that is what I am looking for.

Sam B. I think a P-number is fine but if we are going to do it, we might as well do it all anyway regardless of the number ordered.

OK I will let you in on something, my hesitation for this is what happened on the R4 countrsheets, early adopters, i.e. our best customers end up paying a little more because at some point like now a recon 4 goes out with new countersheets. Same would happen here. Unless maybe the upgraded map is a seperate line item, and charge. I am not sure if I am comfortable with that.

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have my copy yet but IF, and I don't expect it to be the case, I need another map I vote for #4.

Thanks to Steve for considering the fix.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All,

Thanks for the responses that is what I am looking for.

Sam B. I think a P-number is fine but if we are going to do it, we might as well do it all anyway regardless of the number ordered.

OK I will let you in on something, my hesitation for this is what happened on the R4 countrsheets, early adopters, i.e. our best customers end up paying a little more because at some point like now a recon 4 goes out with new countersheets. Same would happen here. Unless maybe the upgraded map is a seperate line item, and charge. I am not sure if I am comfortable with that.
I never even thought about this and now that you have said something I still don't care. I ordered the original and then ordered the replacement counters when they became available. I still have the first counters so I don't feel out anything. I really want a two part map on hvy paper based on my personal experience with the Krete map. If you want to make it a seperate purchase that is great, but how do you ensure you are not out any money (have map stock sitting around)?

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...early adopters, i.e. our best customers end up paying a little more because at some point like now a recon 4 goes out with new countersheets...
Steve, FWIW, not a big deal for me, especially if the price is reasonable. It's just fixing a mistake and making things right. My guess is many folks would probably feel the same. There's just too many things far more important in life than that. JMO.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Steve-

Are you going to be at the ASL Open? If so, I'll buy a copy of Kreta there and also pay for the new map.

Scott

xmbalmr0

10+3
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
#4 definitely I have been waiting to unfold mine until it's about to go through the laminator then was planning on cutting in half. For $10 I'd be pretty damn happy and have the map cut correctly.

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, guys have a good understanding what we can do about the map. I will post the ideas here, please don't turn this into anything other than how it's intended i.e. if you hate me or what we are trying to do I'm not that interested...but if you want to help then I'll listen!

The following .... [SNIP]...

4. Full production on maps heavier paper, non-gloss and in two sections. A shipping charge along with a production cost lets call it an "ungraded" map total cost to get a new map would be around $10.00 for US and $16.00 for overseas customers.**

* Additional shipping unfortunatly will sink us. [SNIP]....

** the subcontractor is claiming no wrong doing and he did what was ordered. Disagreements on stock and glossiness not swaying the situation. So it will cost me roughly $5.00 per copy, and current rates to ship are $5.00 US and between $9 and 11 overseas.

[snip]
Ok there you have it, don't acuse me of not listing to the customer, Of course I may not decide on your choice and or new idea, but at least I am asking for your help!
Steve,
I appreciate your interest and chance to vote on these options. First, I hope to receive my Kreta soon-- sorry, I only ordered it on Sunday though :upset:-- and don't need any map fix yet... If the map is a pretty as some say I'll just frame it and not play on it....:smoke:

So I'll need to have a map to play on and that looks to be #4! :)

Your assistance is appreciated.

Best regards,:salute:
John

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
#4 definitely I have been waiting to unfold mine until it's about to go through the laminator then was planning on cutting in half. For $10 I'd be pretty damn happy and have the map cut correctly.
Greg,
What is this? You haven't shown me....lets unfold it tonight... I'll be right over!:laugh::laugh:

Best regards,:salute:
John

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The map artist should probably get double royalties then, huh?