Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
It dates from long before the HoB - BFP schism. I have seen no mention of any developments for quite a few years, so I suspect it is in stasis.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
It would be nice if HOB were still secretly working on this and if they were to surprise us with its release, but I think it is unlikely unfortunately.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
However, there has definitely been some progress on this within the last few years. On HOBs website at least. Last time I checked Kampfgruppe Commander on their website there was not half as much information on it as there is now. There was no illustration of the game for example. So maybe Steve and his elves are secretly working on it in their grotto.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm pretty sure that work has stopped on this project. I vounteered to playtest several years ago, but a change in job at that time meant I barely have any time to play any regular ASL, never mind playtesting. I think the playtest group was being led by Klaus Fischer. Not sure how closely involved he is with ASL. My link to his website has been dead for some time.

Cheers

Paul

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Is HoB working on anything right now?

Peace

roger

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm pretty sure that work has stopped on this project. I vounteered to playtest several years ago, but a change in job at that time meant I barely have any time to play any regular ASL, never mind playtesting. I think the playtest group was being led by Klaus Fischer. Not sure how closely involved he is with ASL. My link to his website has been dead for some time.
Unless I'm getting a couple of Klauses confused, I think he's still involved with ASL but doing his thing through BFP these days.

John

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HoB does have a project in the works.

Klaus Fischer is not very involved with ASL - not with either HoB or BFP. That is as much as I am aware of.

CKS04

Grenadier Tournament
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Guys,

I don't know about the internas of HOB, but the Kampfgruppen Commander project which I know is still in progress - by me. When Klaus Fischer dropped out of the ASL hobby he gave me all the files and graphics he have had. The rules were at that time already done completly by me.

Right now the status is, that there is a very functional system which was playtested by a group of players but we didn't found the time to discuss and implement all things which came up during playtest until today.

The whole system has shrinked down to a maximum of seven Campaign scenarios, because my goal is that a campaign can be played within a planable timetable.

Occasionally I receive offers for helping in playtest, but because I have had very bad experiences with "unknown (to me)" playtesters, I decided to let only playtest guys I personally know. So if we met on a tournament in the last years and you have interest in helping playtesting then send me a mail at Christian.Koppmeyer@freenet.de

During the upcoming Grenadier tournament I hope I have the time to make further progress in the planning.

It's only me and I'm the designer, but I really like the system, because it closes a gap so far not present in ASL. You can portrait a "Terrain-taking" campaign, not restricted to one map.

I try to keep you updated

CK

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
CK...that is very good news. I'm pleased to hear that KC is still operational. Are you the original designer? Or was it handed down to you? Perhaps you could think about joining another TPP (other than HOB) like LFT or BFP to help you along. They may be very interested.

Rep to you for your continued effort on this project.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Honza
Christian is the original designer, alongside with Klaus Fischer. Unfortunately Klaus quit with ASL. As Christian wrote, he is now responsible alone for KC. Klaus is out of the project.
I was involved in the pretty early palytests...when KC was huuuuge. To huge to be playable. Now i think KC is on the right way. Christian gathered a nice bunch of playtesters which kept the KC project alive...
Also i think there a contacts to a certain publisher ;)

Maybe Christian will say something more detailed about this later...!?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Honza
Christian is the original designer, alongside with Klaus Fischer. Unfortunately Klaus quit with ASL. As Christian wrote, he is now responsible alone for KC. Klaus is out of the project.
I was involved in the pretty early palytests...when KC was huuuuge. To huge to be playable. Now i think KC is on the right way. Christian gathered a nice bunch of playtesters which kept the KC project alive...
Also i think there a contacts to a certain publisher ;)

Maybe Christian will say something more detailed about this later...!?
Great update, thanks Michael. I can't give you rep unfortunately.