Infractions

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Really? telling someone to "shut the **** up" is 'spot on'? Oh, wait, you can't see that word can you? Because it's considered inappropriate for this forum, AND, by the by, cloaking your use of inappropriate language with symbols or acronyms is also considered against forum rules, which a certain holier-than-thou forum member knows, despite liking to throw the forum rules in the rest of us mere commoner's faces when it so suits him.

In order to "restore order" one needs to have some sort of moral standing, which I find Michael, of late, to be severely lacking.
He probably could have chosen his words a little more tactfully. However, it was obvious that Portal was trolling that thread and that you were responding to it on an emotional level. Then Portal would fire back, then you back at him, etc. It seemed to me that Michael saw that, and was trying to derail the 'he said, he said' before it began. I don't think he was being hostile to you. More like 'Oh no, here we go again!'.

I've noticed there are a few posters who have decided to take a proactive approach to Portal's anti-MMP trolls and call him on his BS at every opportunity. You, Wolkey, Psycho, probably a few others. I can understand where you're coming from - patience with trolls runs out eventually - but that policy does tend to start flamewars.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
In order to "restore order" one needs to have some sort of moral standing, which I find Michael, of late, to be severely lacking.
How long are you going to cry about this, Fez? You've posted about it in six different threads.

I received a warning from the mods and 2 infraction points from Alan for my outburst - a nice touch and a welcome return to order for which I have no qualms. He was right to do so, and I'm glad to see him back.

I also find your name-calling offensive, by the way - I refer to your practice of changing people's names in the "Posted by" function. It's childish and demeaning. You're also the only one that does it on a regular basis. It adds nothing to the discussion and ensures there can be no reasoned discourse.

Faded 8-1 said:
And yet he was spot on with that comment Fez. Taking it out of context, it doesn't sound like an attempt to restore order, but that's exactly what it was.

So, how long til this thread is locked?
Faded 8-1 said:
He probably could have chosen his words a little more tactfully. However, it was obvious that Portal was trolling that thread and that you were responding to it on an emotional level. Then Portal would fire back, then you back at him, etc. It seemed to me that Michael saw that, and was trying to derail the 'he said, he said' before it began. I don't think he was being hostile to you. More like 'Oh no, here we go again!'.

I've noticed there are a few posters who have decided to take a proactive approach to Portal's anti-MMP trolls and call him on his BS at every opportunity. You, Wolkey, Psycho, probably a few others. I can understand where you're coming from - patience with trolls runs out eventually - but that policy does tend to start flamewars.
Well said.

Look Fez, the rest of the world isn't going to gang up on Marcus just because you don't like him. That's the only reason you're upset. Now you want to gang up on me, too. I'm sorry, but that isn't going to happen. I suggest letting things go. We're all here to talk about the game, the hobby, and occasionally even each other or life in general. That's it. Anyway, you can come spin it all you want, the locked threads are there for anyone who wants to read it. You're the one that got them locked, and it looks like you'll get this one locked too. You're on a real streak. Alan gave me some good advice via PM, I think perhaps I will take him up on it.

Last edited:

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How long are you going to cry about this, Fez? You've posted about it in six different threads.
To be so blind to one's own faults, yet so quick to point those of others...

I received a warning from the mods and 2 infraction points from Alan for my outburst - a nice touch and a welcome return to order for which I have no qualms. He was right to do so, and I'm glad to see him back.
I don't care about your opinions of the moderation-or moderators-here; I find your constant harping on them offensive.

I also find your name-calling offensive, by the way - I refer to your practice of changing people's names in the "Posted by" function. It's childish and demeaning.
I feel sad for your lack of a sense of humour, really, I do.

You're also the only one that does it on a regular basis. It adds nothing to the discussion and ensures there can be no reasoned discourse.
In your opinion, of course. Scotty Holst and I have, what I take to be, a bit of fun with this and, of course, it's all done in jest; biting humour and sarcasm are supposed to have an edge to them.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the next avenue of assault! :ciao:

Look Fez, the rest of the world isn't going to gang up on Marcus just because you don't like him. That's the only reason you're upset.
My mistake, I also find offensive your trying to define what-if any-my relationship with Marcus may be or your sophmoric attempts to psychoanalyse. Supposition/suppository...

Now you want to gang up on me, too.
I find, apart from your clumsy attempts to slap me on the wrists, I don't think about you all that much apart from the Carpal Tunnel I get scrolling past your bloviating posts.

:icon_bs:
You're the one that got them locked, and it looks like you'll get this one locked too. You're on a real streak
:icon_bs:

One can only hope...

Alan gave me some good advice via PM, I think perhaps I will take him up on it.
...would that it were true.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I feel sad for your lack of a sense of humour, really, I do.
I suggest you visit my comments in the Anniversary thread, or perhaps read my Forum Posters thread, and we can discuss further. I may need to add a paragraph to that one, come to think of it. :laugh:

Originally Posted by My Name is Hypocrasy
I'm sorry - the only funny thing about this is the spelling. It's an obvious attempt to inflame and incite.

Anyway - said too much as it is. Your M.O. is all too clear, Fez. You've been on a tear for two or three days getting threads shut down and posting ugly things about people. Hopefully you'll tire out soon and we can go back to talking about the game.

Edit to add - the Roethlisberger photo you've posted at least 100 times constitutes spam in my opinion also. It's similarly unfunny and you've been asked by several posters to please stop linking to it. Others have expressed publicly that they've had to disable photos from photobucket using that functionality in Firefox because they're tired of looking at it and you've expressed a lack of respect for anyone's wishes but your own.

Last edited:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
For the hundredth millionth time, guys:

When I post any content which has anything to do with a criticism of MMP, I am not trolling. I am discussing ASL-related business issues. If you don't want to pay heed to my comment, ignore the post or put me on your Ignore list. Doesn't bother me either way, as there's a few posters around here whose content I don't read any more either.

Focus on what actually gets said. Cease with flawed, inaccurate, and presumptious inferences over a forum user's intent for posting what they post. You aren't there when they post. You don't know why they're posting what they do. And you have no clue to even guess what they might be thinking. Really, you don't.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the hundredth millionth time, guys:

When I post any content which has anything to do with a criticism of MMP, I am not trolling.
For the hundredth millionth time, Portal:

When we post any content which has anything to do with a criticism of your endless ranting about MMP, we are not trolling. We are just discussing ASL-related business issues. If you don't want to pay heed to our comments, ignore the post or put us on your Ignore list. Doesn't bother us either way, as most of your posts around here have little useful ASL content any more either.

Focus on what actually gets said about ASL here. Cease with flawed, inaccurate, and presumptuous inferences about MMP's intent for producing the ASL they produce. You aren't there when they produce ASL products. You don't know why they're producing what they do. And you have no clue to even guess what they might be thinking about producing in the future. Really, you don't.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're the one that got them locked...
How exactly do YOU know this?

The only possible way would be for the mod who did the locking to PM you with a clear statement that the thread was locked specifically due to some action on the part of Fezz...IOW, "Hi DM, I locked thread XYZ specifically and only due to what LMNOP poster did/said/etc..." :nuts:

Barring you producing such an e-mail (I am pretty sure you ain't got such an e-mail) I would have to call BS (self-serving BS no less) on your above accusation against Fezz...or anyone else for that matter.

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there anyone around here (other than yourself, obviously) who in your opinion does have some sort of moral standing?

John

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there anyone around here (other than yourself, obviously) who in your opinion does have some sort of moral standing?
John
1. I've never claimed such for myself, have I?
2. Jazz
3. Robin
4. Cherp
5. Don
6. AlanP
7. Pete
8. SteveP
9. Glenn
10. John
11.+ etc, etc ad nauseum. I have alot of respect for alot of guys here, and their ability to stand well above the pettiness and squalor indulged in by the vocal minority.

However, I do not think moral proselytizers, blind to the very faults they often rail in themselves, would be able to stand, morally, with those who do not preach with introspective blinders.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

Myself, I realise my own faults, and constantly battle my own demons; you?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I find this whole nonsense so depressing, I can only ask a few questions in return:

Do you trolls even think ANYONE outside the three/four of you cares at all about your bickering?

Do you still believe these posts have ANYTHING at all to do with ASL, the game you supposedly all love and care about?

Can you not just start your own forum, far away from all of us who are interested in discussing ASL ?

I hear the new US president wants to shut down Guantanamo Bay as a facility to Protect Us from Evil, so maybe it can be re-organised to Protect Us from You instead. What a blissful 2009 we would have.

And finally:

Do you have Jobs, Sirs ?

:smoke:

bellnote88

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely :p),

It would be extremely helpful to this forum if you all would refrain from verbal reactions to other people's posts. That some folks are, at times, brusque in their remarks, is not something that is likely to change. At the very least, it is going to happen unintentionally. For those of you who never bother considering that how you say something is as important as what you say (and you know who you are) this kind of unfriendly exchange will continue. The other members of this forum will continue to ignore much (if not all) of what you have to say. If that's OK with you, none of us can stop you. Just don't expect us to cheer you on.

Some posts are worth considering; some are worthy of a response. Still others should be passed over, with (at most) "I'm ignoring the inflammatory remark that my earlier comments were 'stupid'", etc.

Respect. Give it away. Even if those you give it to don't give it back, you will earn it from those standing by.

[Steps off his soap box]

Just my opinion, guys. :)

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely :p),

It would be extremely helpful to this forum if you all would refrain from verbal reactions to other people's posts.

Isn't that what a forum is?