ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
That seems not so bad really. Speaking of tonks:
I have never used my T-44s. I have played a lot of 1945 scenarios but never seen them on a map.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The turret sleaze. Need to turn 3 hexside to fire? Turn 2 and fire your MCG at a target then turn 1 and fire the MA at a new target. Both targets must be known but this way you only pay for the last turn of 1 not a turn of 3 hexside.
That's a new one to me Martin - thank you 👍

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tried it. Found it impossible to slavishly follow the programmed opponent instructions when there were obviously better moves available?
Jazz The "programmed opponent instructions " are more of a guide line than slavishly followed rules. You seem to be suffering from a common symptom that a lot of None-SASL-ers have. My RX is the following:
Read the first sentence of the last paragraph of the Interdiction :
Several times during a Mission, a player is instructed to act on behalf of the ENEMY "in its best interest" (such as in 5.3, 6.316, and 9.31).

I believe that this will cure the reluctance to ignore some dr/DR's and/or rules that that a human opponent would.

After all, (you) the player is the human in the (game) machine.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
SASL is fun in its surprises. It can lul you into thinking you’ve got everything handled. My first great big challenge was when I had scout car support and I encountered a KV-2! These sorts of things happen.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
3) If your small MA has a high ROF, or the chance for multiple hits at 40mm or less, then go for DI - the multitude of dice rolls these circumstances trigger dramatically increases the chance of a successful DI.
I think multiple hits does not add to the chances of DI, as it implies several TK, but DI depends only on the TH and it requires a hull hit. I imagine you do not need an extra DR to get the hit location if you are trying DI and roll doubles.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I have done everything listed above except SASL (which I'll almost certainly never do - in it for the camaraderie as much as anything), but the one rule set that has kept me at bay is Panjis. I just don't want to learn that many rules for such a tiny number of scenarios. Lazy I guess.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Aerosans
Animal pack
Alpine hills
Bedouin camp
Hara-kiri
Massacre
SASL
Scrounging
Swimming

Think I’ve played everything else in the last 35 years. The most surprising item on that list for me is Scrounging, can’t remember ever doing it or having it done by my opponent : there just isn’t time in most scenarios.
Animal packs , Bedouin camps, Hari Kari are the only ones from this list I have not done!

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Animal carts and ass packs are not the same thing right? I didn’t even know that asses were in the rules although it’s actually something that makes sense. Mountains don’t get a ton of attention in the game.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Just played Joe Leoce as the Gurkha in SP95 Burn Gurkha, Burn and I managed to recover a Japanese FT after the squad carrying it got eliminated and the FT fell into the Jungle next to a Gurkha squad. Sadly, my first shot with it was a 9 so it went away and all I got on him was a lousy NMC. First for me though in capturing a FT from a Japanese unit. Joe won the scenario as the dice which had tormented him for 4 turns, finally turned around and I conceded on turn 6. If only I had a 50* Mtr, things could have been different...

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The turret sleaze. Need to turn 3 hexside to fire? Turn 2 and fire your MCG at a target then turn 1 and fire the MA at a new target. Both targets must be known but this way you only pay for the last turn of 1 not a turn of 3 hexside.
Rule reference please.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Rule reference please.
D3.51.....to wit:
D3.51. ....If, after firing, another turret-mounted weapon (or the
MA which has retained a Multiple ROF) wishes to fire at another target
outside the current TCA, the Case A TH DRM would be applicable based
only on the move from the current TCA to the new TCA.....
Confirmed in person by Perry hisself at an ASLOK...with a few stipulations as well.....continuing in the same rule at the same place....

(C5.12) but only if the preceding shot(s) were taken at a Known enemy unit; otherwise no further change in TCA is allowed during that phase. [/qwuote]

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D3.51.....to wit:

Confirmed in person by Perry hisself at an ASLOK...with a few stipulations as well.....continuing in the same rule at the same place....
The 2nd tidbit is an often forgotten or overlooked, especially if one strips concealment from the target with the shot, and can become quite critical.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
For those with Climbing on your list...

Play The Taking of Takrouna and cross one off your bucket list.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those with Climbing on your list...

Play The Taking of Takrouna and cross one off your bucket list.
Almost always see some climbing in RB (haven't played RO or Dinant enough to know if that's common as well. I would think Dinant would see a considerable amount of climbing. Now for a CG for Riva Ridge!

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Climbing and scaling the same thing, right? I’ve not done it in either case.

Now swimming I don’t know if I’ve done. I’ve had guys go into a frigid river and become disrupted conscripts.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Almost always see some climbing in RB (haven't played RO or Dinant enough to know if that's common as well. I would think Dinant would see a considerable amount of climbing. Now for a CG for Riva Ridge!
I played the Dinant CG as the Germans...and I can confirm that they climbed a lot.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Soon I shall play it too. What a feature to make Croix de Guerre (already best scenarios) come with a HASL.