Last time India hosted Australia it was like this:

...all the time

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Re: Ahhh... Bliss!

If what we are being told is true, then MS Dhoni is a man of true honour. He has done his team, his country and all of cricket a power of good.. I've always liked India and this cements my appreciation of their approach to the game. Can you imagine Ponting doing this? I couldn't even imagine Strauss doing this, but he has apparently done something similar in the past:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/iccct2009/content/story/426668.html

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

My admiration for India is great. They have almost handed the test to England here but well dine Dhoni!
I wonder if the England response to the Mumbai massacre had something to do with it? Would you see this in any other professional sport. Bell, you're a wazzock.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

My admiration for India is great. They have almost handed the test to England here but well dine Dhoni!
I wonder if the England response to the Mumbai massacre had something to do with it? Would you see this in any other professional sport. Bell, you're a wazzock.
To be fair the Bell being dismissed on 137 or 152 was never going to make an iota of difference to the outcome of the test and I suspect the Indians knew that.
I take my hat off though to Dhoni, and equally importantly from his team mates who all consented to the reinstatement of Bell without any dissent.
Bell was out though...fact...and I feel a little let down by Strauss and the team management for actually appealing to Dhoni's sense of sportsmanship which was untainted as a result of the appeal.
Another part of me also thinks this....where was the 'spirit of sportsmanship' when, the day before, Harbhajan had been clearly given out despite a very thick edge and, whilst walking off the field the England team and the crowd saw this on the large screen....why didn't Strauss and team mates call Harbhajan back given what was clearly an abominable decision.

Having said all of the above...best England team I've seen in my life...and deserving of their number 1 spot in the world.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand

Well done England and well done Dhoni and Dravid for coming out and saying that the dismissal just didn't feel right. I see Vaughan said he wouldn't have done, you can bet your bottom dollar that Punter wouldn't do it either. I think it's a bit of karma stored up for Strauss to do the right thing at some later date too (like maybe forcing Andy Cook to score less than 200 runs a game against Australia?)

And officially Tendulkar is now Jimmy Anderson's b!tch, having dismissed him more times than anyone else :)

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Well done England and well done Dhoni and Dravid for coming out and saying that the dismissal just didn't feel right. I see Vaughan said he wouldn't have done, you can bet your bottom dollar that Punter wouldn't do it either. I think it's a bit of karma stored up for Strauss to do the right thing at some later date too (like maybe forcing Andy Cook to score less than 200 runs a game against Australia?)

And officially Tendulkar is now Jimmy Anderson's b!tch, having dismissed him more times than anyone else :)
Is the Cricket season FINALLY over?

KevinG

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

heading back to blighty on the 12th for a couple of weeks so i get to see most of the 3rd and all of the 4th tests. Havent mentioned this to the wife of course...

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

OK, lemme see

Poulation of Bahstan is 617,594.

Population of Noo Yoik is 8 million.

Throw in Joisey, anudder 8,791,894

The population of India is 1.2 billion. Goodness gracious me.

And England just beat them hollow twice at Test Cricket.

Cricket just means more. That's all there is to it Kev.

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States
I can't stand cricket either. They're loud when you're trying to sleep, they get in the walls and there's no way to get them out....

Wait...
:)