Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
2-2 in the one day series

Australian cricket has gone from Champs to Chumps

Fingers crossed for Sunday. Old Trafford suited our spinners last week (I attended and had a most enjoyable day). I hope for the same tomorrow.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
We may not be able to beat them in the rugby, but we can still give it to them in the cricket. Well done Aussies!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
A very interesting and controversial first day/night test. The Aussie come out the winner, but a very poor decision by the third umpire mired the game. The pink ball worked well, but a grassy pitch and long grass in the field, designed to protect the ball, made runs had to get and wickets fell easily. The match was over in 3 days, but the crowd in those three days was bigger than the last 5 day test in Adelaide.

I think the day/night test format is a go'er, but they have to work out the pitch and field. No point in having a five day game if it ends in 3 days every time. Mind you, during the last Ashes series not a single game went into the fifth day.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Great batting by the Aussie duo, breaking all sorts of records, but against a very lacklustre West Indies. Oh how the world has changed, it is a bit of a shame. They used to be the most entertaining and exciting team in the world.