Future project feedback

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It has been posted on the forums more than a few times in the past couple of years, and told to me personally, that many of our customers wished that BFP would release some smaller projects with a lower cost. In response, this is to let you know that you have been heard and that several of these have been in the works for some time and are at various stages of completion.
The purpose of this thread is to see what projects or types of projects would be of the most interest to the majority of players. I won't use a "Poll" so as to avoid any confusion with one of Honza's threads [sorry Jan, had to do it :) ].

All of these projects will contain 8 - 12 scenarios and 1 - 3 new boards, some with possible small HASL maps as well. Without being too detailed, here are some of the possible projects.

A specific unit history - follows a specific unit through most of their major actions throughout WWII. As an example, one that is ready for final PTing features the 12th SS Panzer Division. Other topics in early development cover the Big Red One US 1st Infantry Division, and the British 7th Armored Division. Other nationalities/units will be considered if this type of project proves popular.

Two PTO projects. One early war featuring the British using one new board, one late war featuring the US Marines using a mini-HASL map.

A late war project taking place in the Netherlands ( no, not another Market-Garden action ) with multiple nationalities involved. Will include three new boards including one featuring large marshes and one featuring a wide canal.

North Africa project, with new boards, and featuring US, British, and ANZAC forces vs Germans, Italians, and possibly a Vichy French scenario as well.. Actions taking place across the whole of North Africa.

A mini-HASL covering the actions in and around the large baseball stadium / Olympic sports complex located in the southern part of Manila. This one is about final BTW. Been in the works for twelve + years.

A selection of scenarios covering the Philippines campaigns of 1941/1942 and 1944/1945, with one or two new boards. This one is also near completion, and has been in development for 12 + years also.

I have no specific preference which gets done first. They will all be top notch and up to BFP's usual standards. These are what are on my "back burner" and before we get all "fired up" I wanted to see what most players wanted placed first in the queue. None of these will see the light of day until 2016 so there is plenty of time to gather a consensus of opinions.
Any specific ideas of smallish projects that you would like to see will be considered as well, so fire away.

Sarge

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
My personal preference would be for North Africa, particularly if there is some DTO action in there. -- jim

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Personally, I think the market is saturated for small scenario packs. Certainly for 12th SS or USMC - more than enough scenarios already for the ubermen.

The US & Australian army in the SWPA is underexposed and would get my interest. A scenario pack would still need to stand out for me though - a small/medium sized historical map being the most likely way to do it.

I may not be the best person to comment as I like the big packs with accompanying booklets...

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If it is BFP and ASL, I will buy it. The Netherlands, NA and Philippines (the 41/42 & 44/45 one) would be ones I would pick first.

I like the idea of the Unit history like BFP's HoW, LC's LSSAH, GD and 17th SS (PE). The question then becomes which Unit. I am a little less enamoured with yet another SS theme. What I would be interested in is a similar pack on a Soviet unit, for example Katukov's 4th Tank Brigade, renamed 1st Guards Tank Brigade, later part of 3rd Mechanised Corps/8th Guards Mechanised Corps.

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm good with unit history scenario packs, but would be less enthusiastic
about yet another SS scenario pack. I know they are the among the easiest
units to research, but I've had my fill of War Criminals scenario packs.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
  1. Late War Netherlands
  2. Manila HASL
  3. Philippines campaign scenarios
  4. PTO British early war
  5. PTO Marines late war
  6. North Africa

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
My ratings/instrest would be:

1. Philippines Campaigns of 1941/1942 and 1944/1945, with one or two new boards. (This one is also near completion)
  2. A mini-HASL Manila (Been in the works for twelve + years)
  3. North Africa project
  4. PTO British - Early War - one new board projects
  5. A specific unit histories
  6. PTO USMC mini-HASL map project
  7. Late War project

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doesn't matter to me. Print whatever is the closest to being finished.

The BFP well has been dry long enough. Time to turn the faucet back on.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My preferences would be:

1--late-war Netherlands
2--Manila stadium HASL
3--North Africa scenarios

Will buy whichever one does get released first as anything BFP is a must-buy for me.

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Anything in the style of Lone Canuck mini-HASLs would be excellent. More SS not so much.
The big Manila HASL is something that I am looking forward to but seems to be a very long way off, so Manila first.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If it is BFP and ASL, I will buy it. The Netherlands, NA and Philippines (the 41/42 & 44/45 one) would be ones I would pick first.

I like the idea of the Unit history like BFP's HoW, LC's LSSAH, GD and 17th SS (PE). The question then becomes which Unit. I am a little less enamoured with yet another SS theme. What I would be interested in is a similar pack on a Soviet unit, for example Katukov's 4th Tank Brigade, renamed 1st Guards Tank Brigade, later part of 3rd Mechanised Corps/8th Guards Mechanised Corps.
+1 Following a Soviet unit has a great deal of potential.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have no preference other than to spend my money on quality products. So, for that reason, I am in.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I like these more than the "follow one unit" packs, in the order shown.

North Africa project, with new boards, and featuring US, British, and ANZAC forces vs Germans, Italians, and possibly a Vichy French scenario as well.. Actions taking place across the whole of North Africa.

Two PTO projects. One early war featuring the British using one new board, one late war featuring the US Marines using a mini-HASL map.

A late war project taking place in the Netherlands ( no, not another Market-Garden action ) with multiple nationalities involved. Will include three new boards including one featuring large marshes and one featuring a wide canal.

A selection of scenarios covering the Philippines campaigns of 1941/1942 and 1944/1945, with one or two new boards. This one is also near completion, and has been in development for 12 + years also.

A mini-HASL covering the actions in and around the large baseball stadium / Olympic sports complex located in the southern part of Manila. This one is about final BTW. Been in the works for twelve + years.

AND if you could skip adding more boards, I would appreciate it.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ALL OF THE ABOVE. BUT, A mini HASL, Small packs about obscure areas of the war are welcome. I like the unit history packs too.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My ranking is below, but since all BFP products are a "must buy" for me, it frankly doesn't matter what order they come out in.

1. Manila HASL
2. Late War Netherlands
3. Philippines campaign scenarios
4. PTO British early war
5. North Africa
6. PTO Marines late war
7. Unit specific packs

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
The any of the Mini HASL would be pick. The Baseball stadium first.
Dave

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I want good quality, fun and balanced scenarios. Prefer combined arms. Other than that I don't care about nationalities or time.frame. Bring em on! All of them.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Dear Bounding Fire

I had an idea - Don't worry I will buy all you release (playing it is another subject!)

Following the 5th Royal Tank Regiment would be cool as it fought Desert to D-Day and had a variety of tanks and stayed as an effective unit all teh way to the end

The BEF in the first few months was also good but not as specific

Anyway my thoughts

Rob:clown: