FrF98 Amerikanskaya Suka SSR#4

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It also avoids parking the trucks to create LOS hindrances in your opponent's next Prep phase.
Empty trucks have almost no game effect. They don't create hindrances. They don't give TEM. They don't cause target selection limitation. You can move through them. You can rout towards them. They don't cause DM. They don't cause concealment loss or prevent concealment gain. That is all because if they did any of these things, players would abuse trucks. About the only sleaze for an empty truck is the one FP OVR attack. That and using them to create vehicle dust in DTO scenarios, which is at least somewhat historically based. Probably because of this many scenarios recall them as soon as they are empty. This SSR just eliminates the silliness where the player picks up the truck and says, "this is driving off; any interest?"

JR

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I lke the "beam the truck up" SSR. Saves time.

I guess you could target the truck, to make it a wreck or even better, burn it.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Empty trucks have almost no game effect. They don't create hindrances. They don't give TEM. They don't cause target selection limitation. You can move through them. You can rout towards them. They don't cause DM. They don't cause concealment loss or prevent concealment gain. That is all because if they did any of these things, players would abuse trucks. About the only sleaze for an empty truck is the one FP OVR attack. That and using them to create vehicle dust in DTO scenarios, which is at least somewhat historically based. Probably because of this many scenarios recall them as soon as they are empty. This SSR just eliminates the silliness where the player picks up the truck and says, "this is driving off; any interest?"

JR
Trucks can also cause failure to Rout and trucks can enter Residual FP and FIre Lanes. Glad you like the SSR.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I lke the "beam the truck up" SSR. Saves time.

I guess you could target the truck, to make it a wreck or even better, burn it.
I don't think that the rules allow to fire upon friendly units - barring OBA or firing into a Melee.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

JR

Another use is to position a truck to cause your opponent to spend another 1MP/2MP in your LOS ?

Rgds Jack

PS I did use a truck to overrun an IJA leader .. THAT was a lot of fun :D ( .. the stream of obscenities over Skype is a reward into itself)

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Trucks can also cause failure to Rout and trucks can enter Residual FP and FIre Lanes. Glad you like the SSR.
Trucks can also be used to block VBM-hexsides, impede movement of enemy vehicles, be the constant "floating ?" that move about and only allow the enemy without Right of inspection, to see the top unit-truck. Can also search out HIdden AFVs and mines

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Just play the scenario and you'll understand the reason beyond the SSR.
I don't follow you, either. With most scenarios, sure, the chances of wanting to reuse trucks for their historical purpose after they've unloaded are close to nil. But this scenario is set up such that wanting to reuse the trucks is a definite possibility.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
It's highly probable that most of the russian vehicles will use the same road, if the trucks were not going to vanish they will seriously hamper the movement of other trucks and AFV, the penality of D2.14 will kick in. You can certainly plan things to avoid it, but it's just a pain. It was a good decision from the designer to just make those trucks vanish.

and yes, it's a very good scenario. Play it!

Last edited:

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
It's highly probable that most of the russian vehicles will use the same road, if the trucks were not going to vanish they will seriously hamper the movement of other trucks and AFV, the penality of D2.14 will kick in. You can certainly plan things to avoid it, but it's just a pain. It was a good decision from the designer to just make those trucks vanish.

and yes, it's a very good scenario. Play it!
I have played it and enjoyed it. And, as I stated above, I played the Russians and could have used the trucks after unloading them. It wasn't critical. I managed to win anyway. I get why folks want to be rid of the trucks -- they're a pain and they can be used in sleazy ways -- but the fact they could get in the way in terms of the movement of other vehicles is, for me, a reason to keep them around. It depicts a problem that can actually occur in battle, something that has to be dealt with.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
It's a game not a simulation.
I have played it and enjoyed it. And, as I stated above, I played the Russians and could have used the trucks after unloading them. It wasn't critical. I managed to win anyway. I get why folks want to be rid of the trucks -- they're a pain and they can be used in sleazy ways -- but the fact they could get in the way in terms of the movement of other vehicles is, for me, a reason to keep them around. It depicts a problem that can actually occur in battle, something that has to be dealt with.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
So you're in favor of having to fill out forms for requisitioning supplies before the scenario and censoring mail after too?

JR
It's a game not a simulation.
Sure, guys, it's a judgment call. Vanishing trucks struck me as a bit arbitrary. It's a minor niggle. I liked the scenario. I'd happily play it again.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This scenario finally sheds light on an ancient mystery: where do the partisans in Urban Guerrillas come from?

It now seems they may have been unloading from one of Matthias' trucks.

After they vanish.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
This scenario finally sheds light on an ancient mystery: where do the partisans in Urban Guerrillas come from?

It now seems they may have been unloading from one of Matthias' trucks.

After they vanish.
And I thought only Chuck Norris could do that...

von Marwitz