Code of Bushido v2 Update

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since I brought up the topic a few weeks ago, here is a summary of where I think the 2nd edition of the Japanese/Chinese/Marine/PTO reprint stands:

1) Dave Childs & Keith Dalton are almost done with the counter sheets; Dave is re-doing all the images, feeding them to Keith to make counters, then Dave is taking the counters and creating the final sheets. Pain in the ass.

2) Dave is re-flowing chapter G to match the "new" official layout, and is inserting new board and overlay art. Once this step is done Chapter G will need extensive proofing.

3) Chapter H (Japanese, Chinese, and Landing Craft) will be complete as soon as Keith can get the remaining counter images to Dave and Dave can insert them. Then it's off to proofing for this as well.

4) The 5 map boards (34-39) have been painted by Kurt Miller and are done and ready for proofing.

5) The Overlays are almost done, though we still need the Gavutu-Tanambogo overlays to be painted by Kurt since it's been decided to include that in the package. All will be proofed when complete.

6) Perry and I are working with a group of players on scenario selection above and beyond the original CoB/GH 16. We will also be working on incorporating errata and Balance adjustments for those which need help. All of these will need to be laid out though Dave has already done most of the original 16. There is no final number yet set for the package, but I'd guess we're headed for 30 scenarios total (since we already have 19, including G-T). The balance will be made of up of out-of-print scenarios which fit the package.

I'm sure Dave and Keith will chime in if I've gacked something here.

csv45

Recruit
Reaction score
Chas,

Sounds good! Thanks for the update. I assume, from your description, that the update will include GH. Will it still be called CoB, or is a name change in the works also?

Chuck

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Chas,

Dumb question since it includes the Japanese will it also include the Marines and Chinese?

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes; it will combine all the counters, scenarios, boards, overlays and rules which originally appeared in Code of Bushido and Gung Ho, in addition to extra scenarios.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Personally I like Nips on the Beach but some will surely be offended :cool:

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes; it will combine all the counters, scenarios, boards, overlays and rules which originally appeared in Code of Bushido and Gung Ho, in addition to extra scenarios.
Chas,
Great report! Be glad to hear the expected time of arrival... just kidding!:) If this arrives late this year or early next we are going to have one huge number of Japanese scenarios..... with BFP #3 coming.... what is it 30+ scenarios! I think we will all be having a lot of rice in our future!

Best regards,:salute:
John

ps Chas.... uh, uh.... whats with your avatar... they used to be quite pretty and now....:OHNO:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If this arrives late this year or early next we are going to have one huge number of Japanese scenarios..... with BFP #3 coming.... what is it 30+ scenarios! I think we will all be having a lot of rice in our future!
No way it makes this year. Too many other things in front of it for that to happen.

ps Chas.... uh, uh.... whats with your avatar... they used to be quite pretty and now....:OHNO:
You don't think Clint is pretty?

Calimero

a.k.a "jp"
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Bung of Gushido.
What about :
Boo-ou ! Give that bogus man a hug of cod dung

It doesn't mean anything, but at least it's got the same letters and punctuation signs than CoB, GH! and G-T altogether.:smoke:

jp

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally I like Nips on the Beach but some will surely be offended :cool:
Change "Beach" to "Ocean-Land Interface" and you should be good. :nuts::laugh::clown:

Thanks for the update, Chas!

Semper Fi!
Scott

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I don't think Code of Ho will pass the market test, it will always be that to a lot of people.

Bung Ho's will be almost like Bung Hole or Cornholio from Beavis and Butthead so that can't work.

P.T.O. is almost too vague but this module will would cover the Pacific and beyond.

COB/GH2 is pretty cryptic...

So who knows but I don't care what they call it, I'll buy it...

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Chas for all the work you are doing on this and putting yourself out there by posting. Thanks to Keith and Dave for all their hard work too.