British ASL Players

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Good news for me, because of this thread an ASL player from Reading got in touch with me via PM and since then we have had a couple of ASL sessions and plan to have more. So if you read this 'Sgt. Blunder' thanks for the games and for being such a good sport.

Cheers, Jan.

P.S. That question about 'Howay the Toon' did not lead to anything directly, but l've got in touch with him by another route; things are definitly looking up on the ASL partner front. :cool:

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
UK ASL Players

For those in striking distance of London, try the monthly ASL London club, next meeting 14 October - http://doubleone-online.net/8.html

I'll be bringing all my goodies from ASLOK.....assuming Customs haven't confiscated them as a terrorist threat!

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll
Suffolk/Cambridge Border

Hi. I live in Haverhill, Suffolk, which is near Cambridge. I have played one game so far against Dave above but am hoping to get more experience.
Martin

Zoetrope

Reaction score
First name
Adrian
Country
llAustralia
There are are couple of us up in the North West, at Lancaster. We didn't make it to IF (too far) but will hope to see you guys in Blackpool next March! :D

Z

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There are are couple of us up in the North West, at Lancaster. We didn't make it to IF (too far) but will hope to see you guys in Blackpool next March! :D

Z
Too far? Lightweights! :D

I made it from Newcastle! Admittedly it was a nightmare 9 hour train journey where I spent 2 hours standing in a corridor despite having paid £120 for ticket and the staff lied about where the train was stopping to get people to get off and make room. I'll never travel with Virgin Trains again. And then the return journey took longer, arrived at 1 in the morning adding an exhorbitant taxi fare to the injury. But I got there :)

Yes, it is a long way to go. Blackpool is a better bet but the hotel at IF is MUCH nicer. There are rumours of plans for a tournament in Scotland which would be excellent.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:

aaronsibley

Reaction score
Country
ll
Looking for UK based VASL player

Just getting back into ASL, and new to VASL. Is anyone willing to show me the ropes?

grumbler

Reaction score
Country
ll
Aaron

You can always play Toby Pilling. Doesn't he live near there?
We miss you at the conventions. That's the place to meet opponents. We had 50 at IF and about 20 of them were new. I'm in Bourenmouth by the way.

cheers
David

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Don't forget that the next meeting of the London ASL bunch is next Saturday, 11 November.

Full details are at:-

Double One - London ASL

but don't forget the most important bit -it's FREE!!!!!

Zoetrope

Reaction score
First name
Adrian
Country
llAustralia
Yes, it is a long way to go. Blackpool is a better bet but the hotel at IF is MUCH nicer. There are rumours of plans for a tournament in Scotland which would be excellent.
I don't envy you your journey!! :angry: Main reason not to go was lack of play in the previous 12 months....

We'll be at Blackpool but not staying over - that hotel leaves a lot to be desired! And I mean A LOT - it makes a cardboard box in a shop doorway seem like the Hilton!!! :laugh:

Cheers,
Z

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
We'll be at Blackpool but not staying over - that hotel leaves a lot to be desired! And I mean A LOT - it makes a cardboard box in a shop doorway seem like the Hilton!!! :laugh:
It's not that good.......

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Thought I'd bump this up to the top so any new British ASL players could see it. :)

CraigBenn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Adrian,
I'm in Liverpool which isn't a million miles from Lancaster. I'm going to Heroes if you want to sort out arranging a game there...although I'm buying a flat at the moment so the next few months are a bit hectic.
I am preaching the gospel and there are a few converts here.

Out of curiosity how much research does everyone do when they get the Heroes scenarios - i.e play them, check LOS, do set up, check vehicle notes and terrain.... I've meant to do some but haven't at all - mainly because the same obscure boards from out of print action packs, gung ho and COB prevent me doing it - that and laziness and an irrational fear of VASL.
So c'mon how seriously are you taking it?