AP 13?

maddawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did not know this, how interesting! This is the most Jacobin thing since decimal time, and I have no desire to adopt it, but I can appreciate the regularity.
Then you probably appreciate Philips Milk of Magnesium too.... Lol

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played a few of them, none are must play and many have math intensive VC's. Some are reverse slope sitzkriegs where you sit tight and do not move just wait for the blue wave to swamp your positions. The worst one I played was Busting in Balta, poorly written SSR's and not much fun to play for eitherside, board r is dreadfully boring to play on also. Margeret Morning is a reverse slope sitzkrieg, fun for the attacker, boring for the defender. Polish Battlefield is the same as Margeret Morning but uses the Brits instead of Americans. You would think who ever is playtesting this stuff would tell the designers that their scenarios are kind of boring.

Any must play scenarios spotted in this one?

Hardrada

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Got mine this evening and reading one of the first appearance of Napoléon in the game.
Alas for the free french he isn't able to lead the troops in AP127 "the first virtue", contenting himself within the historical commentary.
Just a typo here : his tomb was never on Elba - he managed to escape this island to meet his destiny one hundred days later on a sad belgium battlefield...
He died later on St Helen (an african island) before the english accept the return of the coffin to France in 1840/41 I think.
However, I wasn't aware of this amphibious operation clearly forgotten... We all learn something everyday.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I put these titles on my play list:
AP124, "Lunch In Luga"
AP125, "Ambush On South Knob"
AP127, "The First Virtue"
AP128, "Flight Of Fancy"
AP129, "A Polish Battlefield"
O14, "Wiking Horde" is also attractive.