AP 13?

Discussion in 'Multi-Man Publishing' started by JRKrejsa, Sep 9, 2017.

1. JRKrejsa

JRKrejsa Active Member

Sep 21, 2005
    USA
    I see, via an email from MMP, that AP13 is due out in October. Two new boards, 11 scenarios.

But what is the theme for AP13? Or is there one?

2. Philippe D.

Philippe D. Active Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Bordeaux
    Well, for those of us who don't get email from MMP, it looks like it's the first time the AP has been mentioned...

3. pwashington

pwashington Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    This was in the MMP update email earlier today:

ASL Action Pack #13
    MMP is releasing ASL Action Pack #13 at the 32nd ASL Oktoberfest ("ASLOK") tournament in Cleveland, Ohio this October 1-October 8. Action Pack ASLOK XXXII retails for $22 and features two new maps (78 and 79) and 11 scenarios designed by Ohio ASL designers Bill Sisler and Pete Shelling. Pick one up cheap at ASLOK, or look for it on direct sale from MMP in mid-October. Since there is no preorder for this, we will initially sell it at the temporarily discounted price of $16, after which it go back to its retail price of $22.

The ASLOK site refers to it as the "CX Map Pack", so I assume that is some kind of hint as to the theme.

Srynerson likes this.
  4. JRKrejsa

JRKrejsa Active Member

Sep 21, 2005
    USA
    Hills perhaps? More wilderness boards?

5. Honvik

Honvik New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Wirral
    Hopefully it will be out soon that would be good to the general retailers so we can get some imported over here in the UK.

Phil
    Second Chance Games
    www.secondchancegames.com

6. hongkongwargamer

hongkongwargamer Well-Known Member

Well .. not sure if it's related .. but according to "The Umpire's View" in ASL Journal 12 .. we got the SWEDISH VOLUNTEERS and the HATTEN Mini-HASL coming.

"look for both in 2017" it said

7. Swiftandsure

Swiftandsure Robin Reeve Silver Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2003
    St-L├ęgier
    Swedish volunteers doesn't require new boards - which are the distinctive elements of an AP.
    Hatten is a HASL, and I would believe that it will not be an AP.
    As for the scheduled date of release, I don't give the official prediction a lot of credit, especially with Red Factories and Forgotten War on the horizon.

8. von Marwitz

von Marwitz Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Kraut Corner
    I am a bit confused:
    • ASL Action Pack #13
    • Action Pack ASLOK XXXII
    • CX Map Pack
    Are these all different products or are (some) of these meaning all the same thing?
    Could somebody in the know please enlighten me which means/contains what?

TIA,
    von Marwitz

9. klasmalmstrom

klasmalmstrom Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2003
    Sweden
    AP13 is the ASLOk pack. No idea what CX Map Pack is.

10. Yuri0352

Yuri0352 Active Member Silver Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2014
    25-30 Hexes
    The Cyrenaica X-treme Map Pack. Boards 78 and 79 are new desert boards, 78 being approx. 90% sand/sand dunes and 79 is a small North African town. The 11 scenarios are all pre-1941 DTO, mostly requiring the rarely used British/Italian armored cars from the OOP core modules.

OK, I made most of that up.
    :)

11. jrv

jrv Vare, legiones redde!

May 25, 2005
    Teutoburger Wald
  12. Carln0130

Carln0130 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2006
    MA
    Damn shame that.

13. Loquitor

Loquitor Active Member

Apr 8, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    As said earlier this all the MMP email said

ASL Action Pack #13
    MMP is releasing ASL Action Pack #13 at the 32nd ASL Oktoberfest ("ASLOK") tournament in Cleveland, Ohio this October 1-October 8. Action Pack ASLOK XXXII retails for $22 and features two new maps (78 and 79) and 11 scenarios designed by Ohio ASL designers Bill Sisler and Pete Shelling. Pick one up cheap at ASLOK, or look for it on direct sale from MMP in mid-October. Since there is no preorder for this, we will initially sell it at the temporarily discounted price of $16, after which it go back to its retail price of $22.

It is the ASLOK website that referred to the above as the CX pack

14. volgaG68

volgaG68 Fighting WWII One DR At A Time

Jun 15, 2012
    Hays, KS
    I took 'CX Pack' on the ASLOK website (when I first saw it in May) to be a generic assignation for a yet to be named scenario pack that was already in the works. He knew the scenarios had been designed and were being play-tested and probably knew it had a good chance of being released at ASLOK this year, but anything beyond that (name of pack, AP status or not, etc) was yet to be determined by MMP.

15. xenovin

xenovin Active Member

Aug 7, 2010
    philly-ish
    Wonder if it is Pete's CH E pack?

16. BattleSchool

BattleSchool Chris: Managing Editor

Jan 9, 2010
    Ottawa GMT -5/-4
    Isn't that pack optional? ;)

IIRC, Dunn's 10th GRD themed pack was mooted to be AP13. Instead, AP13 looks to be a continuation of AP12: namely Ohio's Greatest Hits Vol. II.

Eagle4ty and footsteps like this.
  17. Paul M. Weir

Paul M. Weir Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Dublin
    I doubt it's the 10th GRD one as that's supposed to have only 1 map, this one has 2.

18. pwashington

pwashington Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I'm betting my ASLOK budget that they all refer to the same thing, but will wait for one of the MMP or ASLOK guys to confirm.

19. JRKrejsa

JRKrejsa Active Member

Sep 21, 2005
    USA
    And we'll all buy it....

I just want to know more.

hongkongwargamer likes this.
  20. Eagle4ty

Eagle4ty Active Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Eau Claire, Wi
    LOL. Now that's funny (and fairly witty as well!):D:p:rofl: