Yanks 2 Now Shipping to Preorders

Reckall

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Mine arrived in Italy two days ago.

Pity that I'm stuck on vacation IN PARIS for ten days, grrr... ;)

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Mine arrived in Italy two days ago.

Pity that I'm stuck on vacation IN PARIS for ten days, grrr... ;)
I feel for you, really. Paris is about the last place I'd go for a vacation :) (the fact that I mostly go there for work might be a factor, though)

Peebs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gamers Armory is now shipping their preorders. Got notice today mine has shipped. Boom!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While GS was down I got a copy from Second Chance Games along with a few AP (GWAS & PG) items. Nice crisp production.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Honestly, I have never so much enjoyed a 'new' release such as this one. In the past year, as the Yanks reprint gathered momentum, I found myself playing fewer and fewer US scenarios because I was so sick and tired of those old ill-cut counters. I couldn't grasp them properly with tweezers and although I have excellent up-close vision, I had to squint to read some of the print on the counters, especially the M4A3 variants. Not only was the print extremely small, it was not that crisp either. It almost looked like the color of the fine print bled on many of the counters.

Since I received my copies, it seems every other scenario I play has US troops. I just really enjoy using them that much. As I've stated elsewhere, the additional scenarios that came with it are proving to be a boon unto themselves. We really enjoyed "Ace In The Hole" and this evening will be finishing up "The T-Patchers". Only having owned a couple of these, it was like getting a new scenario pack included with the module. I can't remember offhand the name of the included scenario designed by Brian Martuzas, but it is just begging to get on the table soon as well.

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Now that people have their Yanks v2, is there somewhere a list of the changes made on the scenarios for people who have Paratrooper and Yanks v1 but did not upgrade, to update their scenarios and the old stuff / know what has changed ?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Now that people have their Yanks v2, is there somewhere a list of the changes made on the scenarios for people who have Paratrooper and Yanks v1 but did not upgrade, to update their scenarios and the old stuff / know what has changed ?
There is a list in ASL Journal 11.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Am I mistaken or does MMP say on the card "this scenario has been revised" to indicate changes have been made, and "this scenario has been updated" just means it has been cleaned up, newer counter art, formatting, etc; but no changes to the scenario itself?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Am I mistaken or does MMP say on the card "this scenario has been revised" to indicate changes have been made, and "this scenario has been updated" just means it has been cleaned up, newer counter art, formatting, etc; but no changes to the scenario itself?
This is the format - text under the scenario title:

Scenarios that keep the same # but have been updated (and not just cosmetic changes to VC/SSR wording, etc):
"This scenario has been updated from its original version."

E.g., scenario 11 DEFIANCE ON HILL 30.

Scenarios that have a new # and have been updated (as above):
"This scenario was previously issued as T9 and has been updated."

E.g., scenario 178 THE NISCEMI-BISCARI HIGHWAY.

Scenarios that have a new # and have not been updated (as above):
"This scenario was previously issued as T1."

E.g., scenario 181 GAVIN TAKE.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
The scenario cards fit into standard A4 sleeves! That's great!
I had to cut off a few millimeters of the BV3 ones to make them fit.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
This is great news, really. But I still have to cut about 2mm from my rules pages to fit them into sleeves...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If you all would get with the program and switch to the imperial system, we wouldn't have these problems.

JR