Will there Ever Be an Official 1947-49 Arab-Israeli War pack?

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bet him 2 to 1 I'm smarter and more knowledgeable today than he will be 20 years from now. It's all good anyone can hide behind a keyboard the streets are a different story

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mark has been a CH Hater for many years. He is the one that turned most of the idiots on here into Haters with his site. Most of the idiots have no real idea they just believe what Mark the Hater says. It's as simple as that. So it would be useful to all you Haters!
I'm not really sure why I am looking at this thread because the subject doesn't really interest me (mind you I wasn't all that interested in the Korean War, but got Forgotten War anyway and after playing some Korean War scenarios want to play more...go figure...its ASL after all). Anyway, sorry I digress...

I take issue with this statement. I came to the conclusion that CH stuff is crap totally independently after purchasing several of their products. Of course I can only speak for myself.....all the other CH hating idiots are on their own.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would really like to see this Arab - Isreali module.

The crappy weapons (hand me downs and stolen) from WWII or earlier.

Short engagement areas and many cud/clay/cheap block buildings....

Yup, I do hope it is published by MMP.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Spanish Civil War module could prove interesting also. All the post-WWI weapons being poured into both the
Nationalist and Republican inventories, as well as the early models of AFVs.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
One thing that will be interesting will be the substantial increase in the firepower and TK #s of tanks (to say nothing of wire guided missiles if 73 is ever done). Post-war, the early/mid-50s, saw gun power climb sharply such that almost every hit would be a kill.

The advent of the T-54/55 and its 100mm gun would punch holes in anything the NATO forces deployed and its armour spurred on the development of the L7 105mm gun to supplant the US 90mm and British 20 pdr (83L). Then things go crazy. The Soviets deployed a HEAT round that scared NATO witless, followed by an APFSDS round. NATO was not far behind. Tank armour defeating kinetic energy rounds would not make a comeback until Leopard II, Challenger, Abrams deployment (which were a technological leap over the T-72).

I suppose the only thing the dice would determine was whether the tank burned or not (most would, and do).

Last edited:

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chobham armor versus depleted uranium rounds, nuff said.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I seem to recall that Gary Fortenberry tried to come up with a modern version of ASL (Panama , Operation JUST CAUSE).

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I seem to recall that Gary Fortenberry tried to come up with a modern version of ASL (Panama , Operation JUST CAUSE).
Don't recall who it wuz (I don't think it wuz Fort?) who was putting together rules for Modern ASL. This wuz back in the early 2000's. They had a scenario set in the Falklands. As I recall it assumed mainly infantry actions without any visible attempt to incorporate modern AFV.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Don't recall who it wuz (I don't think it wuz Fort?) who was putting together rules for Modern ASL. This wuz back in the early 2000's. They had a scenario set in the Falklands. As I recall it assumed mainly infantry actions without any visible attempt to incorporate modern AFV.
I know one, highly regarded ASL player, and serving member of the UK Armed Forces currently on active duty in the Falklands.

Imagine playing a scenario based on the place you're current on active duty at....

:rolleyes: