VASL Deluxe League Inaugural Tourney 2015-2016 16 Players Wanted Inquire within

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I'll play the yellow (counters) in A 103 Mayem at Manila vs the Alessandro's green
We played instead DASL 09 Preparing the way. It's a huge scenario 11 turns long in four full boards with about 45 squads and 9 AFVs in total, 6 of them PZ VG
My Russian AT guns were able to immobilize enough Panthers to prevent a German victory requiring 50 EVPs from the far edge.
The sniper made the rest Killing one German leader and wounding another pair (including MR 9-2).

The Russian played all the time trying to ambush the Panthers at every corner. I tried everything from Street fighting to throwning DC from the first floor using HIP squads. After the third one halted on six in total on the way, Alessandro thrown the towel. A real urban nightmare for the German tank commanders.

Great scenario I never played in the past because too big and long. Now thanks to Carl and Alessandro I had the chance to finally play it.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We played instead DASL 09 Preparing the way. It's a huge scenario 11 turns long in four full boards with about 45 squads and 9 AFVs in total, 6 of them PZ VG
My Russian AT guns were able to immobilize enough Panthers to prevent a German victory requiring 50 EVPs from the far edge.
The sniper made the rest Killing one German leader and wounding another pair (including MR 9-2).

The Russian played all the time trying to ambush the Panthers at every corner. I tried everything from Street fighting to throwning DC from the first floor using HIP squads. After the third one halted on six in total on the way, Alessandro thrown the towel. A real urban nightmare for the German tank commanders.

Great scenario I never played in the past because too big and long. Now thanks to Carl and Alessandro I had the chance to finally play it.
Been many moons since I have played this one. So much to play so little time. Glad you guys had a good playing of that Deluxe classic. Recorded in the League and on ROAR. Only one game outstanding now in this round. Once Martin and Chris are done, we may yet again be able to begin the next round ahead of schedule. Thanks to all for moving things along briskly.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Chris and I posted J124 Cobra Kings. I had the German defenders and he had thevUS forces trying to kick me out.
He was a bit too cautious to begin with and let a couple of units out unsupported. It was a lesson in what happens to a half-track with troops in it when you are in bypass of a building that Germans can advance into concealed.
Some really poor MCs left him lacking infantry to support his armour and the task was too great to achieve in the short 5 turn times scale.
Good game against a fun opponent.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris and I posted J124 Cobra Kings. I had the German defenders and he had thevUS forces trying to kick me out.
He was a bit too cautious to begin with and let a couple of units out unsupported. It was a lesson in what happens to a half-track with troops in it when you are in bypass of a building that Germans can advance into concealed.
Some really poor MCs left him lacking infantry to support his armour and the task was too great to achieve in the short 5 turn times scale.
Good game against a fun opponent.
Vinnie, when you say posted it, do you mean you reported it to ROAR already? I just went ahead and recorded it in the league and posted to ROAR, so if it is a double post, please delete one.

This concludes this round. Hopefully, I will get the new round of matchups posted this week.

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Due to an odd number at 2-0, we are using a "spoiler" (Hi Vinnie) :ciao: who is at 1-1 in this round. I tried to keep everyone paired by time zone as much as possible. This round ends 08/31/16. Or sooner if this League's record holds true. :)
Enjoy.
Carl

Round Three
2-0 Brackett plus a 1-1 “Spoiler”

Brian Wiersma vs Carl Nogueira

Enrico Catanzaro vs Martin Vicca

1-1 Bracket plus an 0-2 player

Alessandro Demichelis vs Chris Hofland

Pierce Mason vs Kevin Killeen

Mark Humphries vs Jim Hunter

0-2 Bracket

Will Willow vs. Ken Dunn

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Morning!

Kevin's Dutch will attack my Germans in our match of "Foot In The Door." (ESG 97)

Cheers ya'll
Pierce:nuts:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Due to an odd number at 2-0, we are using a "spoiler" (Hi Vinnie) :ciao: who is at 1-1 in this round. I tried to keep everyone paired by time zone as much as possible. This round ends 08/31/16. Or sooner if this League's record holds true. :)
Enjoy.
Carl

Round Three

0-2 Bracket

Will Willow vs. Ken Dunn
Alessandro has dropped out, so Chris will receive a bye win this round.

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
Will Willow's Italians held onto the last hilltop against Ken Dunn's Americans in OA12 Sicilian Midnight.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Willow's Italians held onto the last hilltop against Ken Dunn's Americans in OA12 Sicilian Midnight.
Thanks Will. Reported on ROAR and in the league. PS. You guys don't wait around :).

tallin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin Killeen's Belgium's bested Pierce Mason's Germans in ESG97 Foot in the Door. The Belgians concentrated firepower combined with some average morale rolls gave me the win. As always, Pierce was a pleasure to play and I look forward to playing him again in the near future.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Kevin Killeen's Belgium's bested Pierce Mason's Germans in ESG97 Foot in the Door. The Belgians concentrated firepower combined with some average morale rolls gave me the win. As always, Pierce was a pleasure to play and I look forward to playing him again in the near future.
ESG97 is a DASL scenario entitled "The Sawmill" [Belgians vs Germans]. :smoke:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ESG97 is indeed Foot In the Door. (Checked the scenario sheet and ROAR record). The game is recorded in the League and on ROAR. Thanks guys. The Sawmill is 107.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
ESG97 is indeed Foot In the Door. (Checked the scenario sheet and ROAR record). The game is recorded in the League and on ROAR. Thanks guys. The Sawmill is 107.
Interesting, to say the least.....

View attachment 53699

View attachment 53700

I noticed there is a scenario tagged on ROAR under 'Scenarios By Name' as SP107 "The Sawmill". Was there some sort of imbroglio with SP and using a previously published scenario title? I bought my Dezign Packs direct from ESG a couple of years ago, maybe the last one or two from Gamer's Armory.

Proudly named by Glennbo himself- http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?108685-Scenario-Titles-for-Dezign-Pak-8&p=1530561&viewfull=1#post1530561

EDIT: I found this additional post by Glennbo admitting to the duplication of SP's title and vowing to change it. I must have purchased some from their original print run.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?108685-Scenario-Titles-for-Dezign-Pak-8&p=1530678&viewfull=1#post1530678

(Sorry to hijack the DASL Tourney thread, Carl, but your answer confused the heck out of me until I dug up this old thread!)

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting, to say the least.....

View attachment 53699

View attachment 53700

I noticed there is a scenario tagged on ROAR under 'Scenarios By Name' as SP107 "The Sawmill". Was there some sort of imbroglio with SP and using a previously published scenario title? I bought my Dezign Packs direct from ESG a couple of years ago, maybe the last one or two from Gamer's Armory.

Proudly named by Glennbo himself- http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?108685-Scenario-Titles-for-Dezign-Pak-8&p=1530561&viewfull=1#post1530561

EDIT: I found this additional post by Glennbo admitting to the duplication of SP's title and vowing to change it. I must have purchased some from their original print run.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?108685-Scenario-Titles-for-Dezign-Pak-8&p=1530678&viewfull=1#post1530678

(Sorry to hijack the DASL Tourney thread, Carl, but your answer confused the heck out of me until I dug up this old thread!)
Well, don't feel bad, now I'm confused as hell too. I just took it to be a misread on your part. Interesting indeed. Well, as you say, back to your regurlarly scheduled ASL.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Enjoy.
Carl

Round Three

0-2 Bracket

Will Willow vs. Ken Dunn
Martin (as attacking American) and me are playing J172 Ramcke's Redoubt.

Big 8,5 turns DASL scenario featuring something never seen in the past in ASL battlefields like 16 wires, an armored dozer or the M12 GMC

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Martin (as attacking American) and me are playing J172 Ramcke's Redoubt.

Big 8,5 turns DASL scenario featuring something never seen in the past in ASL battlefields like 16 wires, an armored dozer or the M12 GMC
Thanks for the info Enrico.

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curious how deluxe plays out in VASL. In my one play with it using VASL, I found it cumbersome - lacking any of the advantages of play on a board with oversized hexes - and the disadvantage of actually being harder to see everything.

Maybe I was doing it wrong?!

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
uhm...
my opinion:

the "disadvantage of actually being harder to see everything" for DASL is typical also of who usually do not use VASL for ordinary scenarios but at a higher degree. I imagine that is a matter of practice. With more playings this problem should disappear as disappears wen a player get used to VASL after the first games.

about the rest I think that a big DASL scenarios played via VASL allows at a % of players to try something that, usually for a lack of time/space, is impossible in their own gameroom tables.

I also dare to say that most expert VASL players does not see any difference between a DASL/VASL scenario and an ordinary VASL one.

So, in conclusion, DASL played via VASL has its merits