The MMP staff.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Just out of curiosity; do the MMP staff (such as Brian, Perry etc.) have regular jobs AS WELL AS running MMP? Or is the game company their sole occupation?

It seems that if they have regular jobs as well then they got to be super-men to run MMP too. However if they are relying on the game company alone for their livelihood they really got to make sure they get those sales!

Chris Drake

Capitalist Pig
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They have day jobs but also have people that fill orders and answer the phone. I do not know for sure but I think Brian's wife runs the place during the day. Somebody more informed will surely post about this.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just out of curiosity; do the MMP staff (such as Brian, Perry etc.) have regular jobs AS WELL AS running MMP? Or is the game company their sole occupation?

It seems that if they have regular jobs as well then they got to be super-men to run MMP too. However if they are relying on the game company alone for their livelihood they really got to make sure they get those sales!
I would expect that they have a day job and the game company is a hobby. The speed in which products come out to us gamers would not in my opinion support a lifestyle. Not being critical here as all the other 3rd party publishers are in the same boat, just an observation. Secondly the profit margin they obtain from selling products would be c 20-30%.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
They do produce a lot of games for such a small company. Not just ASL of course. My respect goes out to them for managing to do so much in their spare time. Myself being someone who finds it difficult to do very much at all.....

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
As I understand it Chas Argent is the only full-time employee who works on game design in some way. Brian's wife Lu Ann works on the business side I believe but I don't know her relation to the company. I speculate they hire her as an employee but I don't know.

JR

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Chas has got a great job. I hope he doesn't get 'burn out'.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I understand it Chas Argent is the only full-time employee who works on game design in some way. Brian's wife Lu Ann works on the business side I believe but I don't know her relation to the company. I speculate they hire her as an employee but I don't know.
+1 Searches show lots of references in threads back in fall 2009 to Chas being promoted (condemned?) to being the only full-time employee at MMP, which fits with my recollection. I don't recall any indication since then that anyone else has gone full time there.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
+1 Searches show lots of references in threads back in fall 2009 to Chas being promoted (condemned?) to being the only full-time employee at MMP, which fits with my recollection. I don't recall any indication since then that anyone else has gone full time there.
I do think that LuAnn Youse is a full time office manager?

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do think that LuAnn Youse is a full time office manager?
That could be? I don't know if LuAnn qualifies as "full time" or not and/or when that might have been effective.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have three full-time (but less than 40 hours/week) employees working in the office.
Dean Essig works full-time on Gamers games.
Niko is our full-time artist.
Chas is our full-time ASL dude.
Brian and I put in lots of time outside of our day jobs.
Lots of people spend lots of hours helping us out.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We have three full-time (but less than 40 hours/week) employees working in the office.
Dean Essig works full-time on Gamers games.
Niko is our full-time artist.
Chas is our full-time ASL dude.
Brian and I put in lots of time outside of our day jobs.
Lots of people spend lots of hours helping us out.
Chas is ~ BATMAN. This geeky ASL thingie is only a cover.