The last battle

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
There a place called Sangshak. Carl Nogueira and I have been working on it for BFP. I did the research, laid out the historical forces and Carl has taken it and turned it into ASL. Gurkha and Indian Paras aided by a battalion of straight leg Indian infantry. The forces hold off two depleted regiments of Japanese infantry. It’s during Operation U-GO. Scenarios start at the Japanese crossing the Chindwin River and end at the beginning of the twin battles of Imphal and Kohima. Geoboards and a HASL.
Sign me up for that one, Carl always does a great job helping out, making correct decisions and I know they'll bring a great product to BFP. Plus it is a PTO HASL, Yeah!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sign me up for that one, Carl always does a great job helping out, making correct decisions and I know they'll bring a great product to BFP. Plus it is a PTO HASL, Yeah!
It's going to be very different, due to the situation having some very unique and extremely important to the outcome, factors involved.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have been working on Krinkelt Rocherath for 13-15 years. I have 20 or so scenarios with 2 or 3 possible CGs. I have all the primary resources (hired an archivist to pull the documents). I have just about every secondary source I can find, even the German ones. I take the battle from 1800 hours 17Dec44 to 2400 hours 19Dec44. The battle is from Lausdell Crossroads to American withdrawal in the Twin Villages.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I have been working on Krinkelt Rocherath for 13-15 years. I have 20 or so scenarios with 2 or 3 possible CGs. I have all the primary resources (hired an archivist to pull the documents). I have just about every secondary source I can find, even the German ones. I take the battle from 1800 hours 17Dec44 to 2400 hours 19Dec44. The battle is from Lausdell Crossroads to American withdrawal in the Twin Villages.
Bring it on! Should be as much fun as Hatten and probably just as playable. I look forward to seeing it down the line, this is something I would buy, even with being careful with my ASL $.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Someone is doing Kohima already. Bir Hakeim would be interesting. -- jim
Absolutely!
The HASL map would be awesome, and should not be hard to create. The battlefield is still relatively unchanged, and satellite photos indicate that most of the fortifications are still relatively intact. (I'm referring to Bir Hacheim).
If Bir Hacheim were ever to be created as an HASL it would be at the top of my 'must play' list.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
These smaller HASLs sound like a hoot and look forward to seeing any of them at some point. Kohima, Bir Hacheim and the twin villages sound like something I want to play.

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be open to mapping out a good, small, HASL candidate.

I'm interested in doing something for: East Front, Normandy, Northern Europe, Italy, PTO (battles involving German, Russian, American, British/Canadian, Japanese).

Lemme know if you have a good one and maybe we can put something together.

Last edited:

King Scott II

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don...I will be chatting with you at West Coast Melee this week about my project and your assistance...provided that you will be in attendance.

Semper Fi!
Scott

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott, Sorry brother - will not be able to attend this year :cautious:
But lemme know about your project via PM.