Ponyri

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP : (

Hi-

Ah well, I guess it well be quite a few years before it see's the light of day.

Scott

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And since you no longer play ASL it doesn't matter to you, right?
Nah, Scott was interested in The Gamer's SCS title on this battle. That's why he was asking. :p

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Ya, thats what I'm waiting for, the scs version of Ponyri, or CH! new fangled OWS version, what ever that may be. ; )

Scott

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry for delay. Yes, this Ponyri thing ('Slaughter at Ponyri' - SaP) has been earmarked for MMP release. When? MMP's call naturally. They have a lot in the pipeline, but I think once SaP gets finished, they'll want it out right away :wink:
The design phase needs to be finished, - which basically means scenario design, because the rules, SSR, one large CG, and map are finished. PT begins at that point in earnest. I know this sounds boastful, but SaP has all the right elements to make this as exciting as Red Barricades. I would not say that about ANY other HASL done so far or in progress. This one has the right stuff IMO.
Don

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can we see a picture of the map? Or how about a teaser of the rail guns. What is the projection of sending this to MMP?

Call me impatient.

:roll:

willW

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Anonymous said:
The Bulgarians are you taking about ASL and WW2
I did'nt know the bulgarians fought some actions in WWII.
I tought the only war that they were really involved in was the two balakanic wars (1912-1913) and WW1.
Bulgaria vs. Yugoslavia (1941-1944)
Bulgaria vs. Greece (1941-1944)
Bulgaria vs. Hungary (1944+)
Bulgaria vs. Germany (1944+)

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got a book about Bulgarian armor in World War II which has the meat for several scenarios. If Armies of Oblivion ever comes out, I'll design them.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anything new on this? I asked back in June 04 and did not get a reply. Is there anything we can see??? Call it Preorder baiting :D

da priest

Reaction score
I have seen the map, and it is good..

I have seen the railguns and they are good...

I have seen the battles and they seemed not to move--got some work there guys..

paulkenny

Reaction score
pitman said:
I've got a book about Bulgarian armor in World War II which has the meat for several scenarios. If Armies of Oblivion ever comes out, I'll design them.
I beat you to it!!! :nuts: :devil:

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was reading the dealer page over at Critical Hit and I saw this:

3005 March of the Mastodans -- The Battle of Kursk PONYRI with a new historical map! $34.95

Tell me this is not Don's project :OHNO:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Loquitor said:
This is not Don's project. (not that I know that, I'm just following orders).

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Loquitor said:

3005 March of the Mastodans -- The Battle of Kursk PONYRI with a new historical map! $34.95

I seriously doubt it. I know Don and he is a very nice guy with morals, scruples and honesty...all the qualities that RT has only read about in books.

If you guys want a crayon-drawn map and un-balanced & un-playtested scenarios/CG then throw your money away and buy the Critical Sh*t version.

I'll wait for the MMP release (even if it takes 10 years) to be sure to get a quality product from a quality producer.

Semper Fi!
Scott

John Anonymous

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Loquitor said:

The CH version is strictly vapor. No one has even submitted anything more than an idea to Tapio. Don need not worry about any competing products. Even if it ever does see release, it would almost certainly come out as an ATS release first.

As for other listed products, ANYTHING not listed as a current release on that dealer page is VERY incomplete. If it were anywhere near complete, someone would be trumpeting it to the masses here and on their CH official message board.

da priest

Reaction score
King Scott said:
I seriously doubt it. I know Don and he is a very nice guy with morals, scruples and honesty...all the qualities that RT has only read about in books.

...I'll wait for the MMP release (even if it takes 10 years) to be sure to get a quality product from a quality producer.

Semper Fi!
Scott
Don is also one of the many good developers/designers/artists, who has said, he would never deal with CH again, due to past unpleasant experiences.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is all good to hear. Not saying anything about CH! stuff, I own a couple of things, but I could not stand to have new counters in the form of CH counters, :gas: :eek:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>I was reading the dealer page over at Critical Hit and I saw this: 3005 March of the Mastodans -- The Battle of Kursk PONYRI with a new historical map! $34.95

Pretty much par for the course. When Eddie Zeman was still with HoB, I had a long telephone chat with him and he told me that HoB quit announcing what products they were going to release, because of the same thing.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's not unusual, though; Dean Essig told me back in '95 that he stopped releasing the specifics about games-in-progress in Operations because he felt that other game companies, especially GMT, were using that information against him.

Last edited: