Poland in Flames (PiF)

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen,

This is the title of the planned BFP 5 product. We appreciate the input on naming and such, and decided to go with this.

What I can tell you right now for sure is two DW boards and a handful of geo boards. There will be a bunch of new counters, but impossible to know the exact number of sheets, etc, until later. The scenarios already range of a wide variety in size, etc, and will simply not be just Germans attacking Poles.

We have a jump start on some great articles as well.

I will periodically post some updates as we develop this further and it gets closer to completion.

Chas

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good title, besides, didn't they start the whole shebang by invading Germany and torching that radio station?

pdutram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Look forward to it. Please break out some of the hundreds of those French 75s that the Poles left sitting in their warehouses. I'd love to see what they could have done to those early German tin cans!

Blind Sniper

Diversamente magro...
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Chas I'm glad to read that next project will be this one, any chance to see a CG also? :)

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm pretty stoked about it too. It's a sadly misunderstood and ignored campaign. It lasted about along as the French campaign if you only count from when the German attack started. Casualties on the attacking side were almost as high as well.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
:nuts:Hi Chas

Please Please :hail: do another of those calvary versus tank ones they had in the old (very old) MMP product :horse: - I just love charging a tank and loosing say 3-4 squads :hurt: and then the last 2-3 CC the guy to death!!!! :rifle: since you can unload off a horse in someones hex!! :ar15:

It just such fun (unless you roll high like I do and then it is a very short game :cry:)

Rob :clown:

Last edited:

Binko

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is the title of the planned BFP 4 product. We appreciate the input on naming and such, and decided to go with this.
CoS is BFP 4. Says so right on the magazine cover right in front of me. You mean BFP 5.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas I'm glad to read that next project will be this one, any chance to see a CG also? :)
A CG would probably add two years to the release date of the project due to the need to playtest it. I'd rather have a bunch of scenarios and boards, and wait for a specific CG that is being designed by BFP.

Blind Sniper

Diversamente magro...
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
A CG would probably add two years to the release date of the project due to the need to playtest it. I'd rather have a bunch of scenarios and boards, and wait for a specific CG that is being designed by BFP.
In this case I agree with you, I'm just a huge fun about CG and I always hope for a good one :)

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In this case I agree with you, I'm just a huge fun about CG and I always hope for a good one :)
While it won't be a part of PiF, there will be plenty of opportunties in the CG area with upcoming releases of Hurtgen, Peleliu, and Corregidor all having one (or more) in them.

Rick

Blind Sniper

Diversamente magro...
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
While it won't be a part of PiF, there will be plenty of opportunties in the CG area with upcoming releases of Hurtgen, Peleliu, and Corregidor all having one (or more) in them.

Rick
Thanks for the good news :)

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
While I cannot wait to have this new product in my hands ( and hopefully I could join the playtesters Army when the Playtesting Campaign officially starts) I note how this title "Poland in Flames" resembles too closely just another Word in Flames expansion and probably one I would never buy...

939 ( September, 1939) or 3...2...1... War! are unique ways to use numbers for the first time in an HASL module title.
Just suggestions of course...

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
While I cannot wait to have this new product in my hands ( and hopefully I could join the playtesters Army when the Playtesting Campaign officially starts) I note how this title "Poland in Flames" resembles too closely just another Word in Flames expansion and probably one I would never buy...

939 ( September, 1939) or 3...2...1... War! are unique ways to use numbers for the first time in an HASL module title.
Just suggestions of course...
Call it "BFP's Polish Thing" and waste not one more second talking about the title. ;)

S

Bob Miller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still like my "Debbie does Warsaw" suggestion.
Nah, the best one submitted (not by me as I'm not creative enough) was "Adolph and Uncle Joe do Warsaw"

Great idea on getting the module out and then having the CG follow. No hold ups. You guys publish a magazine where the CG could be presented in that.