Official ASL mug from MMP!

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got a great idea! Instead of making mugs, why doesn't MMP finish and release the next module! I'm joking of course. High quality products take time, and these are high quality.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Sadly, the shipping (at least to Australia) makes this a highly impractical purchase. I like cool mugs, and this one seems particularly cool, but I draw the line at (approximately) $50 to own one ....
Maybe you can buy/procure the file and have the mug made in Australia. Just an idea...

von Marwitz

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
You don't make mugs with files, silly. You'd score the surface.

If I understand the process correctly, you take a block of purest porcelain, and then carve out the mug with a lathe. I assume the artwork is then painted on, by hand. I wonder who at MMP is the artist?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You don't make mugs with files, silly. You'd score the surface.

If I understand the process correctly, you take a block of purest porcelain, and then carve out the mug with a lathe. I assume the artwork is then painted on, by hand. I wonder who at MMP is the artist?
I think MMP overran a half-squad of Chinese and turned them into forced labor.

Since Forgotten War, you can do that. The half-squad overrun I mean. Turning people into forced labor is still illegal.

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

Since Forgotten War, you can do that. The half-squad overrun I mean. Turning people into forced labor is still illegal in most parts of the US.
And I thought you could only make them dig foxholes...
ASL is a great game - I am just picturing a captured HS painting mugs in 76V7. :D

von Marwitz

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland

Since Forgotten War, you can do that. The half-squad overrun I mean. Turning people into forced labor is still illegal.
Sound's like Apple, Ivanka Trump's and many, many western business's model ;).

Can Prisoner counters make iPhones anywhere or just in Buildings or even only in Factories? What is the iMTC (iPhone Manufacture Task Check), 7 or equal to the Prisoner ML? Can you accumulate Labour Status DRMs for your iMTC and do iPhones count for iVictory Points? Do Prisoner counter size (Squad vs HS) affect the iMTC? Do we need separate Sq and HS sized iPhone counters for 2 and 1 iVP respectively?

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, if those mugs are made in china, you guys better hurry and buy them now before those terrifs kick in.
Too late...the Tariffs go live next Monday. I work closely with the Chinese and the Tariffs are an unfortunate reality we are trying to work out and keep our factories on both sides of the Pacific humming.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Good to see this being picked up by MMP, Origin of this mug was originally from a Texas Tourney, negative side , too large a mug and shipping cost .

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Right after I get a brother and a basement, I promise. ;)

Actually, my house might be two hexes. It's only one story, but it's oddly shaped (pool house). :D
Well, the pool could double as a cellar.
The water in the pool would also terminally quench that old issue expressed in a piece of ASL-wisdom:

"Better to have rats in the living-room than ASLers in the cellar." ;)

von Marwitz