Nationality counter set feedback? Anyone got the discount email they can share?

dmchenry99

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can anyone tell me more about CH's nationality counter sets? I was checking out the OD green and SS sets but wasn't sure of the quality.

Also, someone mentioned on FB about a discount for the OD Green set, but I can't seem to get anyone to send me that email from CH or the code. Would love to see details on that deal.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Nationality counter sets have not shipped yet and the discount codes come out in the Friday newsletter and are only good for that weekend usually.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I did order a set of National Counter sets from CH back in June. I just emailed Ray yesterday, telling him that his advertisement is stating to allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery is not true. I suggested to him that he may want to change that statement because it is not true. I like their counters, I am not afraid to admit it. But, they seem to promise more than they can produce and making these claims about shipping products they have not printed. I know that they are a company that is run by the demand and print. I don't have an issue with that. Only that his disclaimer is false.

My 2 cents.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was told that these counters would ship in about two weeks, I ordered them in June, 2016. The thing is accountability. A bunch of products that have offered after bought my set, allowing 4 to 6 weeks for delivery, have been shipped. I know CH is a shady operator trying to one up their competition at every turn. I understand the scorn I may receive from the user community for buying from them in the first place. Their products nowadays tend to be over-priced and way underdeveloped. I like their counters, but I am finally off the reservation on them.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ordered a few items from CH myself, and I too buy from them sparingly. So far I am still waiting on my SS counter set and St lo module.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ordered a few items from CH myself, and I too buy from them sparingly. So far I am still waiting on my SS counter set and St lo module.
They have already printed/shipped other modules they announced after these modules they advertised back in June. For example, all the Dutch Airplane counters have already been shipped and received. I ordered the US counters and nothing so far. Ray assured me that they are next on the queue to be printed, give them a couple more weeks. Not surprised the St. Lo module has not been printed yet. My argument to him was "don't advertise that it will take 4 to 6 weeks to fill" since we are going on month 5. If they were upfront on that as the get go, I would be more understand, but it feels like a bait and switch scam to me. I am a big boy and I do take responsibility in what I say or do. So, I knew this operational situation with CH works like this and it is my fault and I should stop whining. But I am not whining, if it takes 6 months to produce an item I already paid for, then it is my bad for buying from them.

dmchenry99

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ended up ordering both the OD green and SS sets and am still waiting. I tried emailing several times before ordering but got no replies, although I did appear to be added to their mailer list at some point.

I've chalked CH up as one of those companies that just doesn't offer a lot of customer communication. So if I want their product I either have to pay and wait patiently or buy it elsewhere.

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know if the entire US OD counter set is included in St. Lo or any of the other modules?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have the Dutch, Norwegians, Romanians and Hungarians. There was a botch on some of the leader counters but that was quickly rectified by CH! Very good customer service actually.
I know...heresy...blasphemy...
I just know what I like and I remain a counterslut!

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have the Dutch, Norwegians, Romanians and Hungarians. There was a botch on some of the leader counters but that was quickly rectified by CH! Very good customer service actually.
I know...heresy...blasphemy...
I just know what I like and I remain a counterslut!
I too must join counters anonymous, too many counters and more on the way.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
proof reading the Black SS counters for Ray and they do look nice, well worth the money spent I think.
Scott - is this a full or partial OoB? Not clear from website. Thanks.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
its partial from what I can tell, he also keeps changing the numbers, last month it was 1033 counters, now its 912 counters. I emailed RT on this, waiting a response but I do expect the usual song and dance response from him. Remember AbtF came with seven counter sheets dedicated to the black SS counter mix, this product will only come with four sheets, so it is not the full OB.

Scott

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have tried emailing him twice about the OD American set and some other questions but still haven't heard back. Glad it isn't just me ...
I put up a stink about the time I ordered this product and how it keeps getting pushed down the queue for printing. He personally responded to me. Maureen is a different story.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Does anyone know if Critical Hit are going to do another release at any time to fill in the gaps here at all?

I got one of those Russian/Black SS sheets that are available now and they are very nice (along with German Marines and Spanish Blue Division counters) so I have no quibbles (Critical Hit have always been very good to me even with my limited purchases), in fact I bought into this when it was first announced (now I have happily bought 2 of everything including the two bonus vehicle sheets I just saw for sale this morning:cool:) I just thought the Black SS sets were going to cover the full SS ORBAT is all and seeing that they don't I'm just hoping that they might bring out another set to fill in the gaps at some point

It would be great if they did