Nationality counter set feedback? Anyone got the discount email they can share?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Heya mate, you are a good man. Then again, I'd be a little more careful with my money.

There's nothing wrong with making money. HOW you make it is an issue.

Wanting to believe is one thing, whether that necessarily means your wish shares common ground with reality is another.

I am a career salesperson. I chase after deals like sharks after blood. I had a few exchanges with the man and even I have my doubts.

How's your scenario pack getting on? Hope all's well mate.

Rgds Jack
Hey man, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated :)

Yeah, you're right, how you make money is an issue right enough
I take your point

Hmmm, the scenario pack is going better the last couple of months, I've been getting playtesting in with my buddies and one of the guys on this forum offered to help (so I sent him all the scenarios but I haven't heard a word back from him since, almost a month so I',m getting a bit worried there to be honest)

Pete is publishing one of the scenarios 'Those bloody Paraboys' in the next issue of VFTT and putting a call out for playtesters so that's great, very excited to see one of them in print (well, online :)

Been reading my history of the 2nd Lothian and Borders Horse today (the other Edinburgh Regiment, Tank Yeomanry) in the hope of gleaning a few scenarios from there (got a copy of a couple of years of their war diaries too)

so, yeah, I think it's moving forward thankfully :)

Great to hear from you by the way, hope all is well, you never cease to amaze me with your energy and ASL output :)

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would only be if the people who run Bounding Fire (pre ordered Blood and Jungle and bought Poland in Flames), Lone Canuck (Blitzkrieg in the West Northern Campaign), and others were pirates. I suspect that since MMP has not prosecuted them that none of their are customers are "pirates."
Answer the question. Are you going to pirate Chapter H pages or not?

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Exclusion of Ideas from Copyright Protection
...... copyright law does not protect ideas or facts. Instead, copyright law only protects the expression of those ideas or facts. The U.S. copyright statute is a typical example. It reads: “In no case does copyright protection for an original work of authorship extend to any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery, regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated or embodied in such work.” (17 U.S.C. Section 102(b))
See Harvard Law School, Module 3: The Scope of Copyright Law
Umm, thanks, but that is totally irrelevant to what we are talking about.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
thanks for the kind words, much appreciated
I think you said it all there, still, I want to believe in Ray and his vision, I want to believe he is doing a good job because (from what little I know, only an 8 year veteran of the game and not bought much 3rd party stuff) he seems to have contributed a fair bit to the hobby and I think he means well

i'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they will send Olli a set of the new corrected counters for me too
I too have invested in his upcoming Red counters and I hope there are no mistakes as with the past counters.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I too have invested in his upcoming Red counters and I hope there are no mistakes as with the past counters.
I would be very surprised if they did not have mistakes, in a message from Ray to myself he more or less stated that proofing was not a concern and if things were wrong in the first printingbthey would be replaced with replacement counter sheets with the correct ones from several sheets/ modules and second edition would have the problems rectified on them. Expect mistakes do not delude yourself for a perfect set.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why do you ask, is there a rule against using the rules with other counters. :)
To each his own. Personally I use counters from MMP, CH and BFP. It is all the same. While I have issues with CH's policy to re-release under new names for poorly playtested models, their counters are compatible and I am with some, waiting for MMP to re-release the French OBA is way too far down the line.

LHMG

Reaction score
I kind of like the CH counters especially as they look sharper and have unit markings on some, like British para's.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
The NAT sets are selling so all, 27 now printed or going to press, that Ray is now preparing to launch NAT sets for ATS. Latest offering for ASL is Greeks.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The NAT sets are selling so all, 27 now printed or going to press, that Ray is now preparing to launch NAT sets for ATS. Latest offering for ASL is Greeks.
Greeks, what did they add to the nationality mix during the war? Glorified Allied minor counters I suspect.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
They drove the Italians back into Albania, fought the Bulgarians and Germans in Greece, defended Crete, and fought alongside the 8th army in the desert. Then of course there's anti-partisan fighting in the Greek Civil War.