LFT16

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
It would have been nice to have been informed of the lack of maps/overlays in this product prior to placing my order. The main selling point for me was the variable jungle maps. If a disclaimer had been posted informing the customers that this product would be scenarios and booklet/magazine only, I would not have bothered placing the order. I'm not going to waste any energy looking for whom to blame, since apparently I never was and never will receive the maps. I'm very disappointed that this situation is associated with my favorite ASL producer and my favorite ASL distributor.

What a fiasco!
If you ordered through RitterKrieg one of the options is for a full refund. Clearly this was unanticipated and so it was impossible for a disclaimer to be posted in advance. It appears Derek has gone out of his way to provide multiple options for anyone who placed an order prior to the map issue being discovered, which again includes a full refund if no longer interested in the product without maps. Hard to imagine doing any better than that.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
, since apparently I never was and never will receive the maps. I'm very disappointed that this situation is associated with my favorite ASL producer and my favorite ASL distributor.

What a fiasco!
I'm getting a group of buyers together to make a group order of maps from LFT direct.
LMK if you are in...each buyer will cut the Shipping costs from France, but will have to pay $7 or so dollars for shipping within the US...

Nothing yet as to whether Gamer's Armory or other shops are doing the same.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm getting a group of buyers together to make a group order of maps from LFT direct.
LMK if you are in...each buyer will cut the Shipping costs from France, but will have to pay $7 or so dollars for shipping within the US...

Nothing yet as to whether Gamer's Armory or other shops are doing the same.
I think the point of the discussion above was that US retailers won't be able to sell them.

Still trying to order from the LFT website. Can't get an account set up email or password reset email response (checked my spam just in case).

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you ordered through RitterKrieg one of the options is for a full refund. Clearly this was unanticipated and so it was impossible for a disclaimer to be posted in advance. It appears Derek has gone out of his way to provide multiple options for anyone who placed an order prior to the map issue being discovered, which again includes a full refund if no longer interested in the product without maps. Hard to imagine doing any better than that.
Perhaps you missed the sentence in my post wherein I indicated that I'm not interested in finding someone to blame for this situation?

I'm just a customer who viewed a product on a US based distributor's website which contained images of maps with the product description. I placed an order for the product which included payment. 2 weeks later I receive an email from the distributor indicating that I will not be receiving this product in the form as it was advertised. I have yet to read anything anywhere from the manufacturer (LFT) which explains how this situation has occurred.

In all likelihood none of this is Derek Ritter's fault. I've always been highly satisfied with his customer service over the years and this situation has not deterred me from buying from him in the future.

Bottom line:
For reasons beyond my control, I will not be receiving a product which I was very excited to be using. There's nothing I can do about it except ask for my refund and just forget about the whole deal.

That doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It would have been nice to have been informed of the lack of maps/overlays in this product prior to placing my order. The main selling point for me was the variable jungle maps. If a disclaimer had been posted informing the customers that this product would be scenarios and booklet/magazine only, I would not have bothered placing the order. I'm not going to waste any energy looking for whom to blame, since apparently I never was and never will receive the maps. I'm very disappointed that this situation is associated with my favorite ASL producer and my favorite ASL distributor.

What a fiasco!
This all happened in the last few days , Curt blew a gasket when it was first announced LFT have posted the maps and overlays are now available as a seperate purchase. .

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I don't think this accurate. It looks like something changed inbetween the orders being taken and yesterday's announcement.
Hello!

Agreed,,,,,, To me the decision to re-artwork existing maps was somewhat questionable at best (the fact I do not like the new artwork not withstanding). If it is indeed a copyright issue, it is not shocking and really should should not be that big of a surprise. When I realized the maps were re-dos (I thought they were new as with the DTO issue), I was thinking to myself, "Well this is odd".......

Personally I would rather have new PTO maps like LFT did with their DTO pack which I really like.

Derek has done his best in the situation (again IMHO).

I just do not get the huge deal. If someone wants the magazine and the scenarios, they can get it and use the official maps, it changes nothing of how the scenario will be played. I think that if LFT would have never even considered the re-artworked maps and put out a PTO themed issue, people would be excited for it. It seems pretty simple, if the maps were the selling point, don't get the issue, if they are not the selling point, get the mapless product (for those of us in the USA anyway) or just do not get the issue at all.

Should LFT expected this? Probably. But still, it does not seem, (to me) to be worth this big of a brouhaha..... Maybe in the past when I needed to have absolutely everything that came out for ASL (Exception CH) I would be upset, but those days are in my review mirror.

I mean no offence to anyone, this is all my opinion.

Peace

Roger

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I ordered the pack from the LFT side (because, well, I live in France), but I would happily have bought a reduced price no-map version.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

In Australia I have always had a problem with the Le FT site and ordering so normally I just get it from Gamers Armoury (the joy of the postage price!!) - in this case I am getting it directly via Xavier since he is such a good guy!
You may be in the same "firewall" boat as me

Cheers

Rob :)

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I have never been able to order from their site, so I do it by email to X.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Actually, ordering from the LFT site always ends with emails from Xavier. I do have an account on their site, but whenever I order Xavier emails me with the details of how much I need to pay and asking for my address (which as not changed in the 8+ years I've been ordering stuff).

They're doing a great job overall producing ASL stuff, but automating the site is not exactly their strong point :)

(I have no idea how difficult it is to build a functional selling site, or how much the appropriate software would cost; quite possibly, way more than the whole LFT business can bring)

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm looking forward to seeing my article on defending in scenarios featuring the Japanese or PTO in print. I started it ages ago and it was meant to be part of 'The Manual', but I didn't have time to finish it. I hope players find it useful.

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I'm looking forward to seeing my article on defending in scenarios featuring the Japanese or PTO in print. I started it ages ago and it was meant to be part of 'The Manual', but I didn't have time to finish it. I hope players find it useful.
Where is this going to be printed Toby? -- jim