Laptop is dead what's a good choice for VASL?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Remember, if you're covering your camera or mic, you're only attempting to treat a symptom. Your computer would already be compromised and sending all your actually useful information to the bad guys.
Or not.
It can be a preventive measure - in the case of a future hack, you make sure that nobody takes pictures of you, until you adresse the problem...
But, indeed, that would be a rather inoffensive datum, compared with the passwords, etc. that a spy program would reap from a computer - that is, if the user is not doing naughty things in front of the camera...

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are going to try and play VASL with only a laptop then I'd go for the biggest best screen you can afford (that eliminates the MacBooks since they are quite pricey for the screen size). If you are going to play from home then I would get a "value" laptop and also spring for a 24" (or larger) monitor. The map goes on the monitor and all the other windows go on the laptop screen. For me, screen real estate makes the experience better. I find scrolling around a laptop screen to be annoying. JMHO...
Steve

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are going to try and play VASL with only a laptop then I'd go for the biggest best screen you can afford (that eliminates the MacBooks since they are quite pricey for the screen size). If you are going to play from home then I would get a "value" laptop and also spring for a 24" (or larger) monitor. The map goes on the monitor and all the other windows go on the laptop screen. For me, screen real estate makes the experience better. I find scrolling around a laptop screen to be annoying. JMHO...
Steve
This.

You can purchase a decent laptop and then a good monitor for $150. The scrolling around gets to be a pain.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I have a 32" monitor, and am looking to upgrade (?) to only a 13"-15" laptop to save on desk space. I don't ever VASL without the monitor.