Did you get anything ASL for Christmas?

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I gave my best friend (Jess Ward) Operation Veritable for Xmas, but I didn't get anything unless you count all the extra goodies I got from the MMP sale. The only problem is that those will be future Xmas and B-Day presents for my ASL buddies.

>Isn't Beyond the Beachhead a purty product?

Best looking ASL product this year. Plus, my favorite in 2004. I just like scenario packs with two boards. I really like both Action packs, High Ground and now BtB. I'm looking forward to the two Don Petros packs.

I would like to see Schwerpunkt come out with two new maps every other year or so. You can never have too many maps.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
Isn't Beyond the Beachhead a purty product?
I was highly impressed and very satisfied with this product...Like Wolkey said, you can never have too many maps...well, maybe, but I'll still take more!

Semper Fi!
Scott

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the "new" HOB team is a great team, combining skills in design, research, and graphics.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
pitman said:
I think the "new" HOB team is a great team, combining skills in design, research, and graphics.

agreed 100%. also, important for me is their treatment of playtesters.

they respond to comments quickly, with humour and patience/explanation.

very good

b e n

Oliver

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dice tower. Handcrafted by Steve Pleva himself. Last of the 4400 series. Gift from my fiancee.

Now I got to use it!

Oliver

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>Now I got to use it!

You put two dice in one end, they come out the other end. If you don't like the results, scream "COCKED DICE" really loud and quickly grab them before your opponent sees. Repeat as necessary.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oliver,
Make sure you get some really "good" stickers to place on the tower to keep your opponent distracted.... Like the 2003 SI Swimsuit model Petra, or something just as nice to look at....

Then follow the Wolkster's instructions.....

Kevin"Got my 'Klausmeyer' special and it works well"

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>Make sure you get some really "good" stickers to place on the tower to keep your opponent distracted.... Like the 2003 SI Swimsuit model Petra, or something just as nice to look at....

Hmmmm... Seems with most of the guys I've played, a swimsuit model wouldn't distract them. A picture of a Tiger, IS-2 or a Panzerfaust would do a better job.

Keet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robert Wolkey said:
>
Hmmmm... Seems with most of the guys I've played, a swimsuit model wouldn't distract them. A picture of a Tiger, IS-2 or a Panzerfaust would do a better job.
Dude, that's sooooooo sad :D !!

For Christmas I got everything myself, but told wife not to get anything for me because of what I spent (plus I got her something nice)--Damage Control.

Yea, Robert....I know that's sad too, but at least I'd still get distracted over a swimsuit model!!! (Not that I wouldn't get distracted over the armament!!!:laugh: )

Goodies:

+Operation Watchtower & Veritable
+Solitaire 2nd Edition
+CH Magazine 4/1
+All American Gamers Guide
+ASL Starter Kit #1
+Hollow Legions 2nd ed.
+Aussie ASL '98 Pack
+Battle for Parker's Crossroads
+HOB's High Ground
+Ch's Dzerhizinsky Tractor Works

On a side note, this completes my collection of ASL Official stuff. On another side note, I've justed started learning how to play after 5 years of getting this stuff. (I know....sooooo sad :eek: ).

jk

Keet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
Who all are you playing with?
Mark,

I'm the guy who contacted you a few weeks ago. You put me in touch with Kenn. We've played 2 games so far and are going at it again next week. He's been real patient with me, but as he's winning....it's probably easier to be patient :) .

Some day........

Oh well, at least my wife can't question all that stuff in my closet anymore & laugh because I haven't played.

Oliver

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin Kenneally said:
Make sure you get some really "good" stickers to place on the tower to keep your opponent distracted.... Like the 2003 SI Swimsuit model Petra
LOL. Yeah, Rob is right. Petra would distract ME.

Oliver

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got "time"--the wife and kids are still visiting her parents and family and I'm back home with time on my hands. This is the best gift I could possibly get! Hey, what am I doing reading/posting on WHQ? I should be sleeping/reading/ASLing. . .

swfancher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was a pretty good year overall, largely an HoB Christmas!!!

BTB from HoB...looks fun...overlays look great!
RbF 2 from HoB...I like tactical articles, so this was great!
Le Franc Tireur Issues 5-8 - I highly recommend this publication, although issues prior to 8 are entirely in French (except for the scenarios, which are all in English).
God Save the King (on eBay, from myself)- originally HoB
Hell on Wheels pack (Chas Smith)

Now, if only I could find those ToT mags!!!!

swfancher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keet said:
He He He :laugh:

They're in my will for ya Seth, I'll tell my wife tomorrow :D

jk
Thanks John! Make sure she knows what a great investment you made in them too! Better than collecting art or coins...you can actually have fun with these!

Be well.

jasperdog3329

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can I replace the set of three ceramic polar bear candle holders from my aunt and uncle with something, anything, ASL-related?

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keet said:
Goodies:

+Hollow Legions 2nd ed.
jk
I know that I'll probably be mocked for this, but...

Was there really a 2nd edition of Hollow Legions? I don't remember this...if so, are the Ch. H pages in the new, larger 2nd edition font?

Other than the Germans, Russians and British, ahev any other CH. H pages been redone in 2nd edition font?

I feel like I just came into this game sometimes...

Semper Fi!
Scott