DB corrections

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They will not be in DB3. I believe there is a policy of not putting errata counters from one module or HASL into reprints of another. I'm not sure if there is a plan to otherwise get errata counters back in the mix however; I will ask.

Willy230104

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
They will not be in DB3. I believe there is a policy of not putting errata counters from one module or HASL into reprints of another. I'm not sure if there is a plan to otherwise get errata counters back in the mix however; I will ask.
Thank you Chas, I am very interested in get those erratas.
Please, let us know if there is any news with them.

Willy230104

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
If there is someone who don´t want his errata counter from DB (because he wants his purple counters or because doesn´t have KGP), could you send me a PM, please?

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Then, maybe those counters should be published somewhere else?
Or better a KGP all in one set with everything up to standard and something extra. New scenarios, scenarios not included in the original offerings ... etc.

Of course I would expect a full re-print of RB before KGP and have not heard rumblings of that either. :(

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe they should do a CG mega-reprint where they just reprint them all as part of one package.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You think?
I'm not sure if I'm reading more attitude into this than you intend, but why do you say this?

KGP I & II are long out of print and will not be reprinted. I suspect that most people who ever owned either/both have the errata counters already. It's not like getting errata counters for out-of-print HASLs reprinted is even in the top 50 chores that MMP would like to accomplish.

That being said (as I posted earlier) there may well be an option to print an errata sheet or two in the future, to cover all the wrong counters in the system. The issue probably becomes how to pay for them because you don't want to charge customers for corrections.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Luckily for me I purchased KGP1 but lost all the US forces (when old x-fater in law threw em out) so I still have my KGP1 Germans. So lets say I designed a scenario pack that used some of the German vehicles from that module, the newbie that did not purchase that would be SOL.

So if MMP could at least print an 'errata' sheet for the missing counters (I don't think they are in BV3) then we'd be good to go.

Some of us started playing SL up to ASL and then took a 10 year break, some people had their father in laws throw out stuff, some may loose their kit in a hurricane, tornado, fire or flood. If they come back from their sleeping hiatus they are SOL to get any of their kit back.

Now granted MMP has release good things and I purchased all that I can from them, but right now by my count out of the aviable stuff I count 6 out of 21 items that are in stock and availbe (includes HASL) that is slightly less then 1/3 of the kit (BV3, RB2, VOTG, TLH, Part and CDG). Granted (a given, hopefully) FKAC and DB are coming out soon and Code of Ho next year. But still for the guy whose wife torched his kit cause he wandered off with his 20 year old secretary or the guy that bought all the kit and saved it for a rainy day and had his housle blown away and washed down the river then those fellows are SOL.

I think your read too much attitude in my post (I hate online talking, face to face is so much better and clearer until the scotch starts to flow) but I hope the gist of what I am trying to convey is slightly clear.

I am happy as a lark with the new stuff MMP puts out (like a 25 year old....nevermind gutter brain) but us dumb old (or sort of old) arses that were so accustom to calling up AH and saying "Hey man, you got any SL/ASL maps?" "Why yes we do, what can I get you?".

Shucks I am not even drinking and not making any sense, why do I make more sense when drinking?

LOL

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think a sheet of errata counters would make a nice addition to a future journal or maybe more appropriately a future Out of the Attic issue. Wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for that as well.

Bill

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They have done this with the Red Barricades counters. They were not published in the BVv3, but were added to the Valor of the Guards HASL.

The counters sure do help when fighting in the city.
I now finally have enough Russian 50mm MTR counters. :yummy: