CdG 2

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are there any new additions to the Vichy or Free French OBs? I don't want to bother punching/rounding/finding a new place for all of this stuff for stuff's sake.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The Vichy French should be more-or-less identical to the French 1/2" OB, and the Free French to the British 1/2" OB. Maybe some small differences, but there are not new counters for either (compared to the original French/British).

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...with "flak" on the side of counters? Oh, perish the thought! Punch and clip, man, punch and clip!
no No NO! I'm going to punch and clip the normal french, but I'm just fine using the normal french for Vichy, and the British for the Free French. I just don't have room for them in my kit, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll most likely ebay my Opal Blitz counter sheet, free french and vichy french counters, not needed and a waste of money and space.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll most likely ebay my Opal Blitz counter sheet, free french and vichy french counters, not needed and a waste of money and space.
Unless of course you want to play the CG, in which case you might well need the trucks, not the Vichy and Free French so much as they make no appearance there-in.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have Trucks from CH, I have trucks from BV3E, BV2E, BV1E. I honestly do not think I'll be lacking in trucks or Armor. So to recoup the amount of money I overpaid for CDG2E, I'll just ebay off the unnecessary bits and bobs. As an aside; I plan to give the Dinent stuff a try, looking forward to it after I played Konigsberg, another super fun module.

Soooo much to play so little time lol.

Unless of course you want to play the CG, in which case you might well need the trucks, not the Vichy and Free French so much as they make no appearance there-in.

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
no No NO!
I think that should be "Non!" here...

I'm going to punch and clip the normal french, but I'm just fine using the normal french for Vichy, and the British for the Free French. I just don't have room for them in my kit, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I'll (eventually) get around to punching, clipping, and storing them all. But the main kit will stick with regular French, and Brits for Free French.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I think my copy is arriving today and I'm very much looking forward the the usual counter storage planning puzzle. One of the simple pleasures of ASL. ?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Punch out. Put in big garbage bag. Done.

JR
I don't think you have to punch out. If you just toss the sheets in the garbage bag, the natural agitation will slowly work the counters free. I mean, I'd have to check with Bendis, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Quick question gentlemen: I'm punching, clipping, and Plano-ing, and I don't seem to see a Vichy Sniper (e.g., german grey outline over french blue center). Okay this is probably OCD overkill, but hey.... Am I overlooking it somewhere, or was this intentionally not included in the module? BTW, this is an awesome module - top notch components. Thanks to all who were involved in design and production!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Quick question gentlemen: I'm punching, clipping, and Plano-ing, and I don't seem to see a Vichy Sniper (e.g., german grey outline over french blue center). Okay this is probably OCD overkill, but hey.... Am I overlooking it somewhere, or was this intentionally not included in the module. BTW, this is an awesome module - top notch components. Thanks to all who involved in design and production!
There aren't any 5/8" vichy counters.

JR

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for confirming. I'll go with the back-up plan of using a spare German sniper.