bersek leader morale

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
In A15.42.. "A bersek unit never has its Morale Level lowered by any cause and automatically loses any CX, TI, concealment or pinned status.."

In last game played only survivor to keep a building controlled was a wounded bersek leader receiving lots of fire but surviving all of them because we considered its morale was 10, even being wounded and encircled.

Did we play right?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe you're correct as even Encirclement effects (A7.7) are removed if a unit becomes Berserk/Heroic and the "by any cause" seems pretty solid to me.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
In last game played only survivor to keep a building controlled was a wounded bersek leader receiving lots of fire but surviving all of them because we considered its morale was 10, even being wounded and encircled.

Did we play right?
ASL said:
A17.3 EFFECTS: A wounded man has his Morale Level [EXC: berserk] and leadership (not his heroic DRM) modifier reduced by one ...
ASL said:
A7.7 ENCIRCLEMENT: ... A qualifying target Location is thereafter marked with an Encirclement counter and every non-berserk, non-heroic enemy Personnel unit therein suffers an immediate one level drop in morale ....
You played it right.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Your 5+2 becomes a 10+0 monster (after he has a hard time turning any MMCs into Berserkers) until he kills someone. The only problem is, he's got 3MF, so it's not extra hard to keep away from him :)

Beavis123

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is a berserk unit considered good order for building control purposes?

Beavis123

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"In last game played only survivor to keep a building controlled was a wounded bersek leader...."

Then this never could have happened.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
"In last game played only survivor to keep a building controlled was a wounded bersek leader...."

A Berserk units still prevents the other side from gaining Control.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland

Only Good Order enemy *MMC* can *gain* control. Any enemy unit--MMC, SMC, Good Order or not (including broken)--prevents control *change*. A leader/SMC may not gain control in any state. A broken, wounded, 5+2 leader will prevent control change.

JR

Beavis123

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good point. I guess it depends on the VC. So even if the opponent had a good order squad or two in the building the berserk SMC would deny control?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Good point. I guess it depends on the VC. So even if the opponent had a good order squad or two in the building the berserk SMC would deny control?
Yes, but usually not for long. The berserk leader will either charge one of the enemy units in the building and die in CC, or it will charge out of the building. Circumstances have to be just right for that to be a game-winning strategy.

JR

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Bersek was created by enemy shots during the defensive fire of the last player turn.. Enemy fired from everywhere at least 10 shots including fire from adjacent hexes.. I remember at least rolling modified 10s on MCs three times.. Another good thing is that bersek don`t advance during Advance Phase and so not able to advance on adjacent units to die in the last CC phase.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A wounded,broken, 6+1 hiding in a closet can deny building control.