ASLOK 2023 Releases?

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So we're less than 90 days from kick-off. Any rumors on what new products we may see? Just trying to ensure the budget is aligned properly.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I interpreted it as this might be the last ASLOK Action Pack.
Agree, although I would further qualify it as maybe the last Action Pack he does for ASLOK. There could be other APs in the future, but I wouldn't anticipate we would see them on a regular basis. There could even be non-AP releases, although unfortunately I think the days of picking up 2-3 new scenario packs at ASLOK each year from various producers are probably over.

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There will be an ASLOk Action Pack this year. (Might be the last one)
Pete, let me know (pm me if necessary) how I can help keep the ASLOK Action packs going. I have many scenarios in waiting and could spare a few for this effort.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pete, let me know (pm me if necessary) how I can help keep the ASLOK Action packs going. I have many scenarios in waiting and could spare a few for this effort.
Well Brian that might be what it would take.

With this pack to use the last of the late Bill Sisler's scenarios and maps, I would have to do most of the heavy lifting going forward. I am not sure if I can keep up the pace.

(I am trying to move on to other creative game design things not called ASL.)

-Pete

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agree, although I would further qualify it as maybe the last Action Pack he does for ASLOK. There could be other APs in the future, but I wouldn't anticipate we would see them on a regular basis. There could even be non-AP releases, although unfortunately I think the days of picking up 2-3 new scenario packs at ASLOK each year from various producers are probably over.
Here's me being a bit more philosophical:

Bill Sisler was one of the top movers behind the original Action Packs -- and certainly then the ASLOk ones. So, his last (AFAWK) work would be a good place to stop.

Plus-- I need to make myself available for the final work on Slaughter at Ponyri. (Maybe we do an ASLOk release of that?)

For myself -- my ASL design future will be focused on DASL/KW. If we can get another AP out of that-- great. It might look more like a WO pack, though.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any more information available about this ASLOK release? Theme, description of the boards, scenarios? Thanks.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

With this pack to use the last of the late Bill Sisler's scenarios and maps, I would have to do most of the heavy lifting going forward. I am not sure if I can keep up the pace.

-Pete
So, I say this without intending any offense to ASLOK aficionados, nor with any lack of appreciation for past ASLOK APs, but for me, and maybe for others, who have never attended nor ever will attend ASLOK, there is NO PARTICULAR ALLURE to the ASLOK "theme".

Unit themed APs, theatre themed, rules themed, lots of other possibilities yes, please to more Action Pack.

Again, no disrespect meant.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

-Pete
No problem then! i AM currently researching KWASL and have many ideas to put forth. We will talk at ASLOK!