Not open for further replies.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Renegade Games has removed SL from the original press release.
Which makes it more ironic, given the fact that guys responsible for RGS Twitter had been turning up the hype on SL. Proves the point that they have no idea what they're buying.

TBH I'm happy with that. The correlation between SL and ASL is far too fuzzy for ASL to be safe in terms of license, even if they're different properties. The sharing of components, the overlaping rules and so forth - I'd expect nothing good in the outcome for ASL, if some money-oriented company was to be successful in bringing back some watered-down version of SL to main market.

Man, Renegade's a mess, it's beyond my imagination how they've became so successful in Euro/Ameritrash gaming genre.

Never been a fan of Axis & Allies (too much Risk vibes for my wargaming taste), but I do wonder what kind of Magic: the Gathering cash pump they're going to do with it. They want to do some international championships, which speaks volumes.

Last edited:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
So I've asked at RGS Facebook profile and they've replied "That's coming, too ;)". Lol.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That is a bad idea, over the years of gaming, I have seen many game systems that were awesome be re-acquired by another company, and in their words,"re-design the game to be "better"" . Usually they end up being no better than beer and pretzels quality. (in other words designed for those with the attention span of a gnat). My fear of this is ,ASL be transferred to a new company and turned into a 20 page rule book game for kids...Like trying to make a certain computer game to mirror ASL which was a dismal failure.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Comparing SL and ASL is similar to comparing a Ford Model T to a Ford Mustang. Both are wargames, but one has a higher performance
envelope. {True, some people who drive Mustangs do collect Model T's}
Unless you buy the EV Mustang;... then you need to go to hel for that fact...who would in their right minds put an electric motor into a muscle car....that is like flying in plane powered by rubber bands.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Unless you buy the EV Mustang;... then you need to go to hell for that fact...who would in their right minds would put an electric motor into a muscle car....that is like flying in plane powered by rubber bands.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
EVs can be bloody powerful. Amazing acceleration. What is the HP of a Tesla? (it is 220 HP - the same as a turbo charged Golf GTI)

Last edited:

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unless you buy the EV Mustang;... then you need to go to hel for that fact...who would in their right minds put an electric motor into a muscle car....that is like flying in plane powered by rubber bands.
Electric cars smoke internal combustion cars...the torque is beyond anything IC can reach.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Lol! Flight of the Phoenix comes to mind for some reason. The original.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
James Stewart, Sir Richard Attenborough and a young Hardy Kruger. A classic!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Electric cars smoke internal combustion cars...the torque is beyond anything IC can reach.
I've seen some amazing demonstrations of that torque, very impressive. Like any new technology there will be problems. The old time picture of a team of horses pulling a car says it all.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've seen some amazing demonstrations of that torque, very impressive. Like any new technology there will be problems. The old time picture of a team of horses pulling a car says it all.
It may have torque, but can you carry a can of electricity with you.. my pickup truck has dual gas tanks, that is 250 litres, then I have 6 X 20L Jerrycans= 120L . That gives me about 1800kms, but I will match your EV any day of the week in a traffic jam.. I live in Canada, winters get to be around -20 to-30. So ask yourself in that same traffic jam, which can last for 12-15 hours or more in the winter who is going to stay alive longer...your car with about 500-700 kms per charge or mine.. and if both vehicles are stuck for a longer period or overnight I can get more fuel on foot...kind of hard for you to get electricity in a can now.....I can Idle my truck for hours and sleep in comfort...a dead vehicle with no electricity is nothing more than a cold conducting magnet. EV's might be "okay" if you live in a city , but in the country or rural areas are a useless as chickens teeth.

PresterJohn

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Ferdinand Porsche had this all worked out years ago. He was just let down by immature technology. Now you can have a multi-fuel power pack and as many electric motors as you want drive wheels (and/or sprockets). As for "rural folks", well now, y'all can even make your own fuel when motivated.

A Porsche Tiger power by "pig muck". Ye-haw. Just need to work on hand reloads for the 8.8 cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.