Not open for further replies.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
So you can have two engines with the same HP but one is more capable and therefore has a higher torque?
Something like that. Not an expert and don't want to torque off those who know about such things.🙄

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Great there always has to be a class clown in the group.........shhhheeeeeeeesssshhh 8)
I prefer jickster or jester but class clown sums it up pretty well too! It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
It may have torque, but can you carry a can of electricity with you.. my pickup truck has dual gas tanks, that is 250 litres, then I have 6 X 20L Jerrycans= 120L . That gives me about 1800kms, but I will match your EV any day of the week in a traffic jam.. I live in Canada, winters get to be around -20 to-30. So ask yourself in that same traffic jam, which can last for 12-15 hours or more in the winter who is going to stay alive longer...your car with about 500-700 kms per charge or mine.. and if both vehicles are stuck for a longer period or overnight I can get more fuel on foot...kind of hard for you to get electricity in a can now.....I can Idle my truck for hours and sleep in comfort...a dead vehicle with no electricity is nothing more than a cold conducting magnet. EV's might be "okay" if you live in a city , but in the country or rural areas are a useless as chickens teeth.
A very good assessment of the limitations of a young technology.

However I will say that electricity is easier to transport than fossil fuels. That being said the internal combustion engine will be with us for a while I am sure.

External combustion engine? 🤔

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

However I will say that electricity is easier to transport than fossil fuels. That being said the internal combustion engine will be with us for a while I am sure.

Brigadier Bacardi reminded me of Hero's Engine or the aeoliphile. Definitely an external combustion engine.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Aeoliphile is not a combustion engine of any sort…although it does produce torque.
Lol well Gary I was relatively internally combusted myself when I posted that! 🤪

Afterwards started thinking about steam power in general then decided that I was just talking out my a$$. As usual.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
😂🤪🤣🤣

🤪

An EV battery for a Chevy Volt is over 700lbs, and that is a compact car, a 20L Jerry can of fuel is about 25 lbs..

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

[/QUOTE
They have EV'S in northern BC, the winter temps go down to -30 or more, the EVS are useless, do not get a full trip on one charge, and useless in deep snow or snow covered roads. and I would not want to travel at night for a long distance in _-30 to -45 , gas vehicles are safer and you can get gas everywhere.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
😂🤪🤣🤣

🤪

An EV battery for a Chevy Volt is over 700lbs, and that is a compact car, a 20L Jerry can of fuel is about 25 lbs..
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my statement. I was referring to the transmission of electricity itself. That is power lines compared to pipelines etc.

Trust me if I was in your neck of the woods I would much prefer your transport.

Lol the only EV I ever rode in was driven by possibly the worst driver I have ever ridden with. He almost caused a wreck backing out of my driveway. They needed me after hours at work and I had been drinking and I don't drink and drive so he picked me up. Next time I will take my chances with a DUI before I ride with him.🙄

Last edited:

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
After 150 years of development it would be a pretty sad and pathetic state of affairs if internal combustion engine powered vehicles weren't as good as they are.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
After 150 years of development it would be a pretty sad and pathetic state of affairs if internal combustion engine powered vehicles weren't as good as they are.
I don’t recall ICEs being very efficient, just never had viable competition until now.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I don’t recall ICEs being very efficient, just never had viable competition until now.
Lol I have seen and been responsible for threads going off topic but this is one for the classics.🤣

In an attempt to at least bring a military flavor to this wayward thread I will add this.

I watched some online videos about Goliaths, thinking about electric military vehicles. Some good stuff there and the IC engine version was better than the electric one.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Really..look at the power from earth movers, some of them are massive and diesel powered....

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my statement. I was referring to the transmission of electricity itself. That is power lines compared to pipelines etc.

Trust me if I was in your neck of the woods I would much prefer your transport.

Lol the only EV I ever rode in was driven by possibly the worst driver I have ever ridden with. He almost caused a wreck backing out of my driveway. They needed me after hours at work and I had been drinking and I don't drink and drive so he picked me up. Next time I will take my chances with a DUI before I ride with him.🙄
Checking it out fuel is two pounds or more lighter than water. I knew water was heavier but didn't realize by that much.

I guess that's why they call it heavy water.😉

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Lol was originally eater was heavier before edit. Out of the mouths of babes and jicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.