Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Need to paint the stone walls, the sides of the gully and the white areas on the buildings.
View attachment 19632
That looks amazing! Great detail...

Will the gully gratings / manhole covers be removable?

And, more importantly when playing with (a) German(s):
Will there be no parking signs that would inhibit tactical options for German vehicles and favor the Italian ones (which are, by Nationality Distinctions A25.66 "immune" to these)?

von Marwitz

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Received 1000 glassine envelopes that I plan to use for my air-portable ASL gear. Of course, there will be labels added.

I learned the term "glassine" while searching for un-gummed acid-free envelopes. These are most commonly used for stamps.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Received 1000 glassine envelopes that I plan to use for my air-portable ASL gear. Of course, there will be labels added.

I learned the term "glassine" while searching for un-gummed acid-free envelopes. These are most commonly used for stamps.

View attachment 19663View attachment 19664
By this standard, my counters would be considered abused and in need of rescue...

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Been punching out more counters for the latest commission

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Broke out the City Blocks on the <mumble> map so that I could dress the buildings - adding chimneys, windows, and various other TOR (Things On Roofs).

All 90+ of them 🤯

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Broke out the City Blocks on the <mumble> map so that I could dress the buildings - adding chimneys, windows, and various other TOR (Things On Roofs).

All 90+ of them 🤯
Sounds like fun, and didn't your Mama teach you to speak clearly and not mumble?

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sitting here planning my German setup for our 21 Oct RB CG III scenario (after an Idle date)...and silently cursing the VASL dicebot God for the crappy rolls it has provided me during this campaign. I mean I'm not just talking a couple of turns here and there...nooooooooooooooo....I'm talking practically every turn in each of the first three scenarios of this campaign...🤪. Heck you know it's been going pretty bad when even your opponent (hi Charlie) acknowledges it... :)

To top things off...even the Refit Phase has been soul crushing. I mean I've had a total of 9 AFVs on the board (3 OB-given and 2 purchased platoons) during the first 3 scenarios. You wanna know how many I have left to setup for this date?

NONE!

I mean I have played some of my best combined arms action (again acknowledged by Charlie) during these three scenarios...and have lost only two of them to enemy fire. Yet all of the remaining seven AFVs (3 platoons) have been withdrawn during Refit!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...:eek::mad::(

Ok...I feel better now...:D

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
For me I’m still punching out the counters for the latest clipping commission, just got the Germans and Forgotten War to do then the clipping begins, my wife has even offered to help clip them !!!!!

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ten years ago today, I woke up at an unreasonably early hour to drive out to an office building I'd never heard of and join some people I'd never met. All this because I heard there was a group of ASL players in the metro area.

I found the conference room, and after a brief round of introductions, I sat down across the table from Sean Dennis to play ESG 41 "Commence Hostilities." Over the next couple hours, my Poles proceeded to kick in the teeth of Sean's Germans, thanks in no small part to a level of sniper activity I've never seen since. Never mind that since I'd only played Starter Kit up to that point, I was learning the rules for Snipers as I went. And Concealment. And Heat of Battle. Call it beginners luck.

Thus was my introduction to Twin Cities ASL. Over the last ten years I've had the pleasure of meeting and playing a whole host of wonderful folks. I've lost far more games than I've won, and each time it's been a wonderful experience.

To all the TCASL folks on here (and you know who you are!) thank you for being such a fantastic bunch. Here's to another ten years.

Neal

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
I added about 35+ CH VASL boards to the site, for those who still partake in some CH stuff, including counter extensions that are needed. I have a huge repository of them (maybe 20 more to add) and some seem hard to find anymore.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I added about 35+ CH VASL boards to the site, for those who still partake in some CH stuff, including counter extensions that are needed. I have a huge repository of them (maybe 20 more to add) and some seem hard to find anymore.

All that stuff has been available for years at: Vasl Maps (mediafire.com) You may have 1 or two items not on this site.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found it years ago when I was looking for CH vasl maps. I don't know what to tell you. Also it's been listed on GameSquad many time.
Just sayin.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another (possibly bad) idea. I figured having a white border would preserve their visibility in a stack like a wound counter does, without the hassle of a separate counter.

Opinions?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Nice and clean, I like the BGD ones that include heroic SMC