Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Another (possibly bad) idea. I figured having a white border would preserve their visibility in a stack like a wound counter does, without the hassle of a separate counter.

View attachment 19868

Opinions?
Just some note:
The white border will let these wounded Leaders stand out in stacks to any opponent some scrutiny. So if he wants it or not, he may receive more battlefield intelligence than he is supposed to get.

Besides that, IMHO the red cross artwork is microscopically small.

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just some note:
The white border will let these wounded Leaders stand out in stacks to any opponent some scrutiny. So if he wants it or not, he may receive more battlefield intelligence than he is supposed to get.

Besides that, IMHO the red cross artwork is microscopically small.

von Marwitz
Right but you need a white wound counter for any wounded leader other than a Japanese leader, no? I do tend toward smaller graphics, but that can be adjusted easily.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Right but you need a white wound counter for any wounded leader other than a Japanese leader, no? I do tend toward smaller graphics, but that can be adjusted easily.
Yes, but it could also be Skis, a Pin counter or heck knows what. ;)

Just gotta fight for any piece of information that you may withhold from your opponent.
That said, believing to glean a pair of Skis instead of a wounded leader would also work as successful obfuscation... 🤣

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's some next level obfuscation, beyond my play level ...

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can you have ANY wounded SMC with a morale of 10? I wouldn't think so.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Good question!

Maybe a wounded Berserker?
Not sure if the rules might decree that a Zerker's Morale is 'always' 10 or something. The question is whether 'Wound' lowering of morale tops 'Zerker' raising of morale or vice versa. Maybe it is not really lowering or raising but rather changing of morale.

You see what I did there. I am too lazy to make a rules dive for the moment...

von Marwitz

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good question!

Maybe a wounded Berserker?
Not sure if the rules might decree that a Zerker's Morale is 'always' 10 or something. The question is whether 'Wound' lowering of morale tops 'Zerker' raising of morale or vice versa. Maybe it is not really lowering or raising but rather changing of morale.

You see what I did there. I am too lazy to make a rules dive for the moment...

von Marwitz
The way I've reasoned it is that a 10-3 wounds to a 9-2, then become Fanatic (ML +1), thus a Fanatic 10-2. In my countersets, Fanatic units have their raised ML in white [EXC: Fanatic SS (black) have raised ML in German blue]. In ASL, no unit can have a ML > 10, so a Fanatic 10-3 is still a 10-3, but the +1 Fanatic is still inherent in the ML. Once wounded, the -1 Wound offsets the +1 Fanatic, so ML is still 10, though the Leadership Modifier is reduced as there is no Fanatic boost to offset.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, that seems valid. I wasn't going to try to cover all those edge cases. I have counters for Berserk leaders, Fanatic leaders, and now potentially Wounded Leaders, but if I get a twofer, I'll add the appropriate counter onto the already unique counter. Gotta draw the insanity line somewhere.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just received my copy of HL3. The components look fantastic. Got a weekend (or more) of spraying, clipping and organizing ahead of me.