Suicide Creek Central....

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Re: Suicide Creek CG question

No it just says they are ignored for Deployment, HIP ? limits which is different.

Glad this is now sorted out though
This is from my e-version of SC rule CG6: (which could be in error of course):
"...Reserve Cloaking-counter HIP is NA. Reserves cannot Deploy/Recombine, and are ignored for the purposes of Deployment/HIP/“?” limits...."

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Various Suicide Creek questions and comments

9, The Japanese HQ Sect is way over priced. You are paying 4-5 CPP for a -2 on the leader DR. At least for the Marine HQ Sect you are paying 1CPP for a -3 DR.
Both HQ sections get 2x leader rolls, so you get 2 squads instead of 3, but you get 2 leaders with the negative modifier on the rolls. The Marine cost seems like a bargin, the Japanese seems overpriced. You are paying an extra 4.5 CPP for the additional leader and the modifier vs 1 CPP for the Marine. Prime candidate for a reserve purchase.

11. I assume for the Japanese AT Sect if you get the DC it replaces a HIP T-H-H.
Anyone with an answer to this one?

Aavar

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

11. I assume for the Japanese AT Sect if you get the DC it replaces a HIP T-H-H.
reading the note t it does not say it replaces the HIP t h h, but even if it does, its 1944 the japanese can automatically HIP THH up to the maximum allowed, 33%.
So say you have 9 squads you get 3 THH maximum and hip all 3 of them.

The I6 is 6 points or 4 if you reserver it for a 228 crew with a 20L AT gun and 2 rolls of 2 or less for a DC which can give you an automatic DC hero. the THH are kinda irrelevant because it does say that you get them over and above the normal limit.

Aavar

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
2 Suicide creek CG questions

1 - Are all the OBA models for both sides HE only? - I assume you get HE

question 2 concerns rule 4.7054

rule 4.7054 SURROUND HEXES: it says each Uncontrolly territory and each unoccupied Strategic location that is enclosed within Setup Area of only one side becomes part of that Setup area [EXC...]

But what about an hex that is no man's land that is enclosed with in a setup area of one side?
Under the rules give it remain's NO man's Land and even though its enclosed by 1 side's set up area essentially having a hex within your set up area you cannot set up in.

seems wierd that a surrounded strategic location becomes your setup are and a surround eduncontrolled becomes your setup area but a surrounded no man's land does not.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

reading the note t it does not say it replaces the HIP t h h, but even if it does, its 1944 the japanese can automatically HIP THH up to the maximum allowed, 33%.
So say you have 9 squads you get 3 THH maximum and hip all 3 of them.

The I6 is 6 points or 4 if you reserver it for a 228 crew with a 20L AT gun and 2 rolls of 2 or less for a DC which can give you an automatic DC hero. the THH are kinda irrelevant because it does say that you get them over and above the normal limit.
My reading is that the 2 THH are in addition to the normal 33%.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: 2 Suicide creek CG questions

1. I can't find anything that limits the OBA to HE only you use the standard rule, i.e. look in chapter H to see what that size OBA has in the way of smoke.

2. The problem with having no man's land switch becoming controlled is that the other side will usually have a strategic location next to the no man's land area as well. The enemy location will be isolated though unless the enemy location is 2 hexes away and you have the no man's land cut off by strategic locations.

Last edited:

Aavar

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

It doesn't say anywhere that the two bought THH are above and beyond the THH limit.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States

It doesn't say anywhere that the two bought THH are above and beyond the THH limit.
It feels like they should be in addition after all they cost CPP.

Peace

Roger

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

So what good are the 2 HIP THH if they aren't in addition to the standard 33%? And nowhere does it say you have to have 6 squads to buy this group. Therefore without saying so these THH must be in addition to the standard 33% THH.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States

So what good are the 2 HIP THH if they aren't in addition to the standard 33%? And nowhere does it say you have to have 6 squads to buy this group. Therefore without saying so these THH must be in addition to the standard 33% THH.
Agreed..... I am fairly certain this is the way its to be played..... feels right anyway

Peace

roger

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

OK-

I'm awake after a week of night shifts and somewhat cognitive.

Here are some answers to unanswered Q's:

2. I assume that the foxholes from SC1.4 are free and the minimum size needed to hold the units occupying them. (You can't create a 3S foxhole to hold just a leader with the idea that someone might rout into him.)
Correct.

3. When trip flares/wire are purchased in a night date, but no scenario takes place are they retained until the next night or can they be used during the next day scenario (see below)?
Trip Flares/Wires are never retained. They were removed/disabled in preparation for offensive action during the day.

4-6 No to all of these as trip flares/wires are not retained. Per E1.95 Trip Flares (and Trip Wire per the last sentence of SC 6.1) are NA in day scenarios.

10. For the Japanese AT Sect is the T-H-H retained if not used? Does it matter if he was HIP or a DC hero still part of a squad?
THH/DC Heroes are not retained.

No. The DC is in addition to other purchased assets in the RG. As a side note the addtl THH are beyond and do not count toward the 33% limit of THH for the Japanese player.

I think that covers everything.

Last edited:

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

OK-

No. The DC is in addition to other purchased assets in the RG. As a side note the addtl THH are beyond and do not count toward the 33% limit of THH for the Japanese player.

I think that covers everything.
Thanks for the answers. It makes sense that the trip wires/flares are picked up each night, but nothing actually says so.

Just as a point of clarification. If the Japanese start with 12 squads and also buy I6 they get 4 THH (which can set up HIP) from the squads plus 2 HIP THH from the I6 group plus 2 chances to roll <=2 for an additional 2 DC's (and DC heroes which don't require a dr to create per note t).

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
...or "how many ASL threads does it take to figure out how to play and Andersen creation?"

At the request of a couple of folks, combining the threads that have rules questions (and hopefully some answers) regarding Suicide Creek.

I've left the AARs and non-question threads alone....and I'm only in the process of figuing out the details of copying/merging threads.

I have no clue what sort of order they will be in......probably screwed up everybody's questions and order, but at least there is one SC question thread....FWIW.

Last edited:

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Jazz. This was getting to be like a road trip with my kids, everyone talking at once. :)

Also, before this gets out of hand:
"or "how many ASL threads does it take to figure out how to play and Andersen creation?"

The answer should be damned few, since it's 2 pages of reasonably consice rules plus the CG stuff which is fairly boilerplate. The majority of these questions are actually IN the SC rules or ASLRB, I'm just pointing out where. I can't wait to hear how "complicated" SC is. :)

Last edited:

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Just as a point of clarification. If the Japanese start with 12 squads and also buy I6 they get 4 THH (which can set up HIP) from the squads plus 2 HIP THH from the I6 group plus 2 chances to roll <=2 for an additional 2 DC's (and DC heroes which don't require a dr to create per note t)."

That looks right.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

10. For the Japanese AT Sect is the T-H-H retained if not used? Does it matter if he was HIP or a DC hero still part of a squad?
THH are not retained. If a THH has a DC it is retained in the same setup area as the THH was in. If his hex is not in a Japanese setup area, the DC is lost.
Hm, if a THH has a DC (i.e., it is now a DC Hero) it usually means that the DC is gone - either by the DC Hero being eliminated or the DC detonated. Under what circumstances can there be a THHw/DC (i.e., DC Hero) present at CG-scenario end?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

About the only circumstance I can see is when the DC Hero is still HIP.
A DC Hero cannot set up HIP. Is there an exception to this in the SC rules? (I don't see one)

Last edited: