Suicide Creek Central....

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hm. I was not aware of this. Could you provide a rules reference?
That "yes" is meant for the "can a SW set up unpossesed" question. Is that the thing of which you were unaware? The rules reference is just that the RG can set up, and that SW need not be possessed.

The other question, do SW have to set up with the owning RG, is more complicated. After entry/setup, the answer is, "no;" there is no "ownership" of SW. I said I believed that by Q&A from other CGs indicate that the SW of a RG must set up/enter initially with their own RG. It turns out that in SC, RG5 has, "Equipment of a just purchased RG must initially be possessed by a unit of that RG," so in SC the answer is clear, and technically the SW cannot set up unpossessed initially. There probably isn't a good reason to enforce the requirement to set up possessed in that last case, but it's there.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
That "yes" is meant for the "can a SW set up unpossesed" question. Is that the thing of which you were unaware? The rules reference is just that the RG can set up, and that SW need not be possessed.
My question was referring to the "can a SW set up unpossessed" part. Does that only apply to Suicide Creed or ASL in general?

von Marwitz

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
My question was referring to the "can a SW set up unpossessed" part. Does that only apply to Suicide Creed or ASL in general?
It applies to ASL in general. In SC there is an EXC: a newly-arriving weapon must set up possessed, and possessed by a member of its original RG. ASLSK also requires that SW set up possessed (4.0).

JR