Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
From CSW:

Imagine this. You're a stormtrooper. The absolute elite of the galaxy. The best of the best of the best. Not only that, but you're one of the best stormtroopers - the cream of the crop of the best of the best of the best, selected to guard the shield on the Forest Moon from attacks by Rebel scum. You've been selected from billions, and if that's not enough, you're equipped with the latest in Imperial technology and covered head to toe with the best armor that an entire galaxy can supply. And what happens in the world of Lucas?

A 3 foot high teddy bear somehow manages to get past the sensor nets and the perimeter alarms, and throws a baseball sized rock at you, not even hard enough to dent your armor, and you go down like a nine-year-old nancy boy, dropping the high-powered blaster that could reduce said teddy bear to Ewok kibble on the way down. An Ewok! Defeating stormtrooper elite! It's the equivalent of Sam the hobbit's girlfriend slapping the Nazgul on the knee with a grass twig and watching them wither into smoke.

THAT is why the Ewoks RUINED Jedi. It removed all credibility from the villians. I went back and watched Episode IV and you know what? When Obi-Wan was examining the ruined jawa crawler and said something about only Imperial stormtroopers having that kind of precision firepower I laughed my butt off. If only the poor jawas had had a rock-throwing teddy bear or two on board.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hmm, stealthy Ewok vs. lax stormtrooper-- I can see it!

Close Combat is the great equalizer, in ASL and even in a galaxy far, far away...
Still, heavily armed and armored professional soldiers vs a bunch of unclothed, rock throwing hippie midgets. :(

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I think there's enough for a scenario :laugh:
Maybe one's coming down the pipeline. I put all my movie scenarios on hold until after football season and until I finish my Sven Hassel scenarios.

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
S*ck-*p.... :p
and to think, on the 3rd day of Kwanzaa, you treat me like this? :laugh:

Let me remind of the 3rd day's principle
Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems, and to solve them together. :smoke:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
and to think, on the 3rd day of Kwanzaa, you treat me like this? :laugh:

Let me remind of the 3rd day's principle
Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems, and to solve them together. :smoke:
Huh, ? . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.