The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brien Martin

Panthera oncia
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lee was incredible! He had the usually patient Yankees at 0-2 before they knew what to do. They didn't step out to try and throw him off his game. He just coasted. CC, on the other hand, seemed to start off everybody 2-0 and didn't have command of his pitches. He seemed afraid to pitch to contact. He shook Posada off too much. Still he pitched a good game and he just got outpitched. Yankee bullpen which was the best of all the teams in the postseason seemed very shaky and doesn't portend well going forward. Only my boy Jeter had anything wothwhile last night. Jeter was 3 for 4 and the rest of the Yanks were 3 for 28.

vs
Even more incredble was the rhythm that Lee was in: rock and fire, get ball back, get sign, rock and fire ... rinse, lather, repeat. Probably the best pitching performance in the WS for the Phils since Steve Carlton in terms of dominance.

And Rauuuuuuuuul (Werewolves of London) with that sweet, two-run single that chased the Yankee faithful to the exits. I think the Phils exposed the Yankee bullpen last night (they were already suspect), and you have to figure that Joe Girardi is praying that Burnett can give him seven or eight tonight.

If the Phils get to him early, and the Yanks have to go to their middle relief ... it's gonna be 2-0 when the series moves to Philly. And then, Rollins' bold prediction looks more and more promising.

Made some homemade cheesesteaks last night for the family, decked myself in my Phillies hat and 2008 World Champions t-shirt, Butterscotch Krimpets (Tastykakes, a Philly favorite snack food) at the ready.

I love playoff baseball ...

Brien "Lets go Phils!!"

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I could take Prince James but nobody would ever see it cuz he'd have his boys confiscate the tape. :devious:
You could "take" him? Is that a kidnapping threat? Or did you mean out to eat or something? 'Cuz I'm not sure a circular path will get you to the basket! :bite:

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They said things that ranged from "who cares?" (Golic & Greenie) to "his team should have kicked his ass in the locker room" (I don't remember who but someone that did play in the NFL). He said that he needed something to eat and that it should have been a power bar looking back on it.
I bet Golic sounded really jealous. Was he drooling on the Mic as he talked about the 'dog? Wishing he played QB so he could have gotten away with it? :laugh:

Saw some clips last night - amusing, but silly that he's being raked over the coals for it. Better he pass out from lack of food? It didn't affect the team, or if it did it was a positive. I'm sure the talking heads will find someone else to feat on soon enough (like Shaq's -25 +/- last night for the 0-2 Cavs, but hey you can't hope to stop Andreas Bargnani, you an only hope to contain him, right Shaq?)...

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Poor poor Cleveburg. The Indians are awfull, the Browns are a joke and now the Cav's are 0-2. Sports radio in Cleveburg must be a real hoot. How's that Viking's B-ball team look this year.
AS we watched our two CY-award winning pitchers duel game 1 of the WS-- for other teams.
:cry:

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He married the wrong one!!! Should have went for baby sister. She's the hottie.
This is Lamar Odom we're talking about. I don't think Lamar gets choice. :devious:

Heck, I'm impressed he got in the family, even if it's with the Black Sheep.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Even more incredble was the rhythm that Lee was in: rock and fire, get ball back, get sign, rock and fire ... rinse, lather, repeat. Probably the best pitching performance in the WS for the Phils since Steve Carlton in terms of dominance.

And Rauuuuuuuuul (Werewolves of London) with that sweet, two-run single that chased the Yankee faithful to the exits. I think the Phils exposed the Yankee bullpen last night (they were already suspect), and you have to figure that Joe Girardi is praying that Burnett can give him seven or eight tonight.

If the Phils get to him early, and the Yanks have to go to their middle relief ... it's gonna be 2-0 when the series moves to Philly. And then, Rollins' bold prediction looks more and more promising.
Hopefully AJ doesn't try to nibble at the corners. He gets into too much trouble when he does that. I would prefer the Yanks win but I can live with a Philly victory. :thumup:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You could "take" him? Is that a kidnapping threat? Or did you mean out to eat or something? 'Cuz I'm not sure a circular path will get you to the basket! :bite:
Even lame I could take that prima donna. :bite:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I bet Golic sounded really jealous. Was he drooling on the Mic as he talked about the 'dog? Wishing he played QB so he could have gotten away with it? :laugh:

Saw some clips last night - amusing, but silly that he's being raked over the coals for it. Better he pass out from lack of food? It didn't affect the team, or if it did it was a positive. I'm sure the talking heads will find someone else to feat on soon enough (like Shaq's -25 +/- last night for the 0-2 Cavs, but hey you can't hope to stop Andreas Bargnani, you an only hope to contain him, right Shaq?)...
They joked about it but this morning Schlereth was on and he agreed with Golic that it wasn't a big deal. However, both did say that during a regular game, not preseason, you should never do that. They said a power bar is acceptable but not a hot dog. They both said that if Oakland saw him doing it they might take offense at it to which Greenie said he did try to hide it. Schlereth said that if Sanchez wasn't doing anything wrong then why was he hiding it. :)

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'm a little worried that I knew that & Psycho didn't. Although honestly I think it speaks well of him that he didn't. Speaking well of Psycho, now there's a novelty. :p
Bite me, you Pleva lackey! :angry:

Tell Fez to get his updates from ESPN instead of that reality crap next time. His link is from July and mine is from September. ;)

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You say that like it's a huge accomplishment given ALL the WS games pitched by Phillie starters over the years. But last night was game 32 for the Phils in the WS ('15, '50, '80, '83 & '08).

But honestly I think Cliff was better last night than Carlton ever was in a Series game for the Phils. Carlton's clincher in game 6 was only 7IP, 4H, 3BB, 7K and Carlton gave up the lone Earnie in the 8th (although it was Tugger allowing the inherited runner to score). Lee went the distance, K'd 10 and allowed fewer baserunners plus no earned runs. I think we have a new standard for the Phils' WS starters. Pete Alexander's game 1 Win in 1915 is the likely other candidate (9IP, 1ER, 8H, 6K)...

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They both said that if Oakland saw him doing it they might take offense at it to which Greenie said he did try to hide it.
What are they gonna' do - run at him and try to tackle him at every chance they get? :p
Schlereth said that if Sanchez wasn't doing anything wrong then why was he hiding it. :)
Obviously to avoid being the topic of SportsCenter et. al. for the next week. He knew the talking heads weren't mature enough to deal with a guy feeding himself. :devious:

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tell Fez to get his updates from ESPN instead of that reality crap next time. His link is from July and mine is from September. ;)
I should have never doubted your devotion to the useless and inane. You are truly all knowing about nothing... :cool:

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They joked about it but this morning Schlereth was on and he agreed with Golic that it wasn't a big deal. However, both did say that during a regular game, not preseason, you should never do that. They said a power bar is acceptable but not a hot dog. They both said that if Oakland saw him doing it they might take offense at it to which Greenie said he did try to hide it. Schlereth said that if Sanchez wasn't doing anything wrong then why was he hiding it. :)
how 'bout a stolen Pop Tart? :p

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, what you're saying is that Psycho's nickname really should be "Seinfeld" ... 'cause he's a guy about NOTHING.
Maybe "Cosmo" as he's the silly guy involved in NOTHING. No apparent job or means of support. Plus he'd walk funny and fall down a lot... :devious:

Although Cosmo did have a nice apartment as opposed to a trailer... :clown:

DaveStory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which side did you play?
ZoB. Some decision-making at setup, and pretty straightforward reaction after that. Even for the attacker it's a methodical advance through the buildings. When the entire enemy OB is HIP all you can do is make a plan ('move forward') and stick with it.

It was a close game in the end, but this is a perfect example of how balance doesn't automatically equate to interesting or engaging. 9 turns of hide-and-seek and not more than 2 or 3 highlights for the entire game.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ZoB. Some decision-making at setup, and pretty straightforward reaction after that. Even for the attacker it's a methodical advance through the buildings. When the entire enemy OB is HIP all you can do is make a plan ('move forward') and stick with it.

It was a close game in the end, but this is a perfect example of how balance doesn't automatically equate to interesting or engaging. 9 turns of hide-and-seek and not more than 2 or 3 highlights for the entire game.
Back in the original incarnation of this thread this was pointed out by a few of us... essentially the scenario is a little dull.

Left to its own merits it would probably have faded into ASL obscurity.

Amazing what a little, "I would not play it." comment can do, eh?

JT

Status
Not open for further replies.