Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I received a call on my cell phone while driving today. I did not answer it. My phone shows the call as coming from Houston Texas. I'm in Montreal. I'm going to the Texas Team Tournament, so I'm wondering whether this was a simple wrong number, or if someone involved in the tournament was trying to contact me.

281-382-6532

If you know anything about this, please PM me.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Michael,

Best of luck at the Tournament.

Sadly, I am heading to South Carolina for work during the next 18 days. I will miss the tournament for the first time in 4 years.

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A quick Googling of the number shows that this number is calling lots of Canadian numbers today, and some are reporting being offered a cruise for doing a survey. Telemarketing, alas.

BTW, I will be at the Tourney, my first. And am a total newbie.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A quick Googling of the number shows that this number is calling lots of Canadian numbers today, and some are reporting being offered a cruise for doing a survey. Telemarketing, alas.

Enjoy the tournament and have fun.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Wow, I knew they were serious about their ASL in Texas but to resort to tele marketing to increase attendance? That shows a whole new level of commitment!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, I knew they were serious about their ASL in Texas but to resort to tele marketing to increase attendance? That shows a whole new level of commitment!
Well,

I've had several calls from Utah asking to join their "Religious Order".... No, it was anyone from the "Latter Day Saints" crowd either.....

They claim to come from Provo and are called, "The Enlightened Flock".......

They must have my number of speed dial, as soon as I hang up, they are colling back again......