Squad Leader and ASL 1st edition game cover high res images

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Greetings all,

I'm looking to find some HIGH res images to create 20x30 posters.

Can you send me information or the images?

Thanks!!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Greetings all,

I'm looking to find some HIGH res images to create 20x30 posters.

Can you send me information or the images?

Thanks!!
Nice avatart....

Sorry, did you say something?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Have you tried board game geek. They hsve a nice line in images and you can select the size

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Ok, copyrighted images? I have 4 copies of SL ... I can take my own images but all of the boxes are not in pristine condition. I am not marketing anything nor am I going to make money.
It's for my personal use.

No worries anyway... I received the best copy from the best source.

Anyone have an eASLRB? Yeah, I thought not. Really...

Not to totally blast you... but

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a decision." OR
"If you decide not to choose, you still have made a choice."

We are all anal sticklers for detail, are we not? "Do or do not, there is no try."-Master Yoda (in case you didn't know.)

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ok, copyrighted images? I have 4 copies of SL ... I can take my own images but all of the boxes are not in pristine condition. I am not marketing anything nor am I going to make money.

We are all anal sticklers for detail, are we not? "Do or do not, there is no try."-Master Yoda (in case you didn't know.)
Woowww ~ four COPIES of SL? That's impressive!! Who's that "best source"?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I care not personally, its your membership here. do what you prefer. The Forum does have rules.

Interpretations are another subject altogether, and I'll not go into them, as indeed the Forum does have rules, one of them being discussing specifics about Moderations.

As for TagLines - Different scholars interpret Han Korean in different manners. ( Not surprisingly, they do so in almost every other language as well. Seems one of the most unpleasant aspects of translations is forming tense correctly.) It is not my belief to use Geddy's preferred translation of this proverb. Besides, if I was to do so , would that not constitute an I.P. rights violation as well?

As you note, sticklers for D.E.T.A.I.L.

KRL, jon H

Gwinnell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I care not personally, its your membership here. do what you prefer. The Forum does have rules.

Interpretations are another subject altogether, and I'll not go into them, as indeed the Forum does have rules, one of them being discussing specifics about Moderations.

As for TagLines - Different scholars interpret Han Korean in different manners. ( Not surprisingly, they do so in almost every other language as well. Seems one of the most unpleasant aspects of translations is forming tense correctly.) It is not my belief to use Geddy's preferred translation of this proverb. Besides, if I was to do so , would that not constitute an I.P. rights violation as well?

As you note, sticklers for D.E.T.A.I.L.

KRL, jon H
I suspect that Neil wrote the lyrics, Geddy just sang them.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
The Forum does have rules...

Can you show me where they are?

Is it true that I can post 1000 images of my games, but not ask for an image of a game from another?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
The Forum does have rules...

Can you show me where they are?
http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?108248-The-official-Forum-Rules-Please-read-prior-to-posting

If I am not mistaken, you were directed to this sticky post when you first registered. Few people actually read the rules or are aware of their existence. That does not mean they are not there.

Is it true that I can post 1000 images of my games, but not ask for an image of a game from another?
You can post images of your games in progress. You can ask for other folks to post images of their games in progress. You cannot post nor can you ask others to post images of copyrighted material. Images of published ASL maps are copyrighted material.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I suspect that Neil wrote the lyrics, Geddy just sang them.
My only real comprehensive understanding of their lyricism work comes from an old VH1 Documentary on these 3. In it they poitn out repeatedly the work that both Neil and Geddy did over many courses of time in workign out the various lyricsn, and musical score to achieve a certain intruiging focus that became the hallmark of their art.

In doing so, it was referenced many times that they both turned to oriental concepts and ideas, as well as more ancient musical rythms and rhymes; and they incorporated many into their songs / albums from "All the Worlds a Stage" to "Snakes and Arrows".

Probably why I am rather fascinated still with the musical scores of those albums. This was the 1 item I was keen most immediately to replace post - fire. it took me 8 months to locate a good copy of "Caress of Steel" for sale. No spring chicken am I , but would go to any concert nearby still, did so in 2009 for Snakes and Arrows. The music makes it all worthwhile.

KRL, jon H

Gwinnell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My only real comprehensive understanding of their lyricism work comes from an old VH1 Documentary on these 3. In it they poitn out repeatedly the work that both Neil and Geddy did over many courses of time in workign out the various lyricsn, and musical score to achieve a certain intruiging focus that became the hallmark of their art.

In doing so, it was referenced many times that they both turned to oriental concepts and ideas, as well as more ancient musical rythms and rhymes; and they incorporated many into their songs / albums from "All the Worlds a Stage" to "Snakes and Arrows".

Probably why I am rather fascinated still with the musical scores of those albums. This was the 1 item I was keen most immediately to replace post - fire. it took me 8 months to locate a good copy of "Caress of Steel" for sale. No spring chicken am I , but would go to any concert nearby still, did so in 2009 for Snakes and Arrows. The music makes it all worthwhile.

KRL, jon H
Got to agree with you on the benefit of seeing Rush live, I have twice recently (Snakes and Arrows and Time Machine) and both were Superb.
I took my eldest son (21) to Time machine and left a sulking eleven year old at home.
I have had to promise that he goes next time.

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I PDF'd my rulebook, many people have eRB.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I PDF'd my rulebook, many people have eRB.
I think Jazz said everything required to say to this person.

On your topic, i agree with "personal use" definitions generally accepted and the Fair Use Doctrine. My ASLRB is pdf'd as well; It resides nicely within my Nexus 10 that way, and this cuts down the "luggage " requirements for even the local club game day when I get to attend, no big binders ( my alternate hardcopy).

Yes ,many have eRBs they manufactured for their own use. I think Vinnie is doing something pretty neat with the graphics for TPP stuff in his TPP sections added in , that is WAY cool ( my TPP stuff is PDfd as well, but for the stuff that requires graphics, I still need a white binder :).....).

I would also agree that manufacturing an eRB or any eRule Aid via copy / scan is completely Fair Use when it is for :

Personal Use.

Bringing a Scenario Card to the game match so the opponent can see the scenario card during the game. ( I leave my original scen crds at home, and take photocopies.)

People miss the concept at times.

KRL, Jon H

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Good point Jon, I no longer haul my big ass rule book around any more, and last night at my face to face club I brought my own photo copy of my scenarios to let my opponent pick one of the many TPP scenarios I have, I only brought one binder but I let him choose what to play.

I scan all my stuff (scenario cards) and for the "paper" ones (Annuals, Journals, etc.) I print those PDF out on to card-stock paper and then put those in plastic sheets, they look much better then my old yellowed/faded originals (with a little PC magic) and if I loose them (how does that insurance thing go, Acts of God, theft or fire) I can print them off again.