Set up an old TV for VASL.

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
I thought about doing it, but with a large touch screen monitor. When they come down in price and I can get a 65" one, I was planning to build it into a gaming table.

Well, imaginations are still free...

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought about doing it, but with a large touch screen monitor. When they come down in price and I can get a 65" one, I was planning to build it into a gaming table.

Well, imaginations are still free...
that would be really cool. The surface pro series had a very large unit that flopped, AFAIK.

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
My woodwork skills are not good enough to make a proper table. Th3 screen had to be small enough to fit on a table and be easily moved around.
A 65" TV would be too big for me. This one is only 28"
Yes, it would have at least 5 portage points. However, my plan is as a permanent table in my game room. But decent touch screens that size at about 3k dollars. Buying cardboard is 99% of my gaming budget. So, it'll likely never happen. Being a Pro Musician on the side of my day Job and being in the red on that venture. It's safe to say my wife would ELIM me if I spend money on that.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played my first game on it last night an I have the following observations.

1. The resolution is very poor, but what do I expect from a ten year old cheap tv?

2. Estimating lines of sight was much easier.

3. My back hurts, just like I'd been leaning over a table all night!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
All the comments above (and more) are the reasons of course why VASL is infinitely better than face to face ASL.

In fact, if I had the option in a face to face game to both use laptops and VASL then I would definitely go for that (which is sort of akin to using the flat TV)

(Runs away, cackling wildly, seeking cover)...

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
All the comments above (and more) are the reasons of course why VASL is infinitely better than face to face ASL.

In fact, if I had the option in a face to face game to both use laptops and VASL then I would definitely go for that (which is sort of akin to using the flat TV)

(Runs away, cackling wildly, seeking cover)...
I like the idea of dueling laptops. The peer-to-peer mode needs to be developed to a higher state of readiness.

Whats more, I will never play a night scenario on physical boards again. It is just so much easier and more fun on VASL.