Rumors of an Into The Rubble 2 in the works?

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
think that's exactly what we've been saying all along if you read our posts
Uhm, no... I don't think you read my post. I'm not advocating just re-releasing ITR1 - I'm saying even then you would find a way to complain about the unfairness of it all...

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Uhm, no... I don't think you read my post. I'm not advocating just re-releasing ITR1 - I'm saying even then you would find a way to complain about the unfairness of it all...
well, that's the way I see it, I would much rather see a brand new product than a rehash of something I already paid for. I know BFP do a great job and all but I just don't want to have to buy something twice over

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
But why necro this thread, when there was one from this month that made all the points you did?
I'm not necro ing' (whatever that means) anything, just standing up for what I said when I was called on it is all

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would be interesting if he did since it's copyrighted material belonging to those of us who comprise BFP.
In the end, ITR2 will be an amazing product with incredible value for those who choose to acquire it.

Chas will, according to his prerogative, keep everyone up to date on what the actual contents of ITR2 will be.

Thanks for all your support guys! We really do appreciate you and your feedback!

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My opinion is that if they had simply re-released ITR1 and included errata, rebalanced the scenarios, and the maybe the map looked a little better due to printing process improvements, you would all still whine that they did not provide enough value for those of you who already own ITR1.
I see little point in doing this. Errata could be supplied on the website without any extra cost involved.

As for the boards, they seem fine to me as they are so again no one wins doing this.

ITR1 will not be reprinted, too small a market to make it worth while. Printing ITR2 without the original scenarios would be a good option, sucks for the guys missing out on the originals but that would be a solution.

As to the cost of re-printing the ITR1 boards and scenario cards with ITR2 will increase the cost of ITR2 but not sure by how much.

The important point here though is that the actual cost of ITR2 is not just ITR1 + ITR2 = x BFP have the right to also add that dirty option called profit into the equation. I doubt they will be adding much margin (profit) to the reprint whilst ITR2 I suspect will be where they kind of fit this into.

Why? Well the cost of balancing the original scenarios won't be much (in further playtesting) especially as not all need any help and a good proportion of the rest will need only some help so less hours required.

The new boards need a ton of work, the layout and proofing of new scenario cards post extensive playtesting of new scenarios is really the time greedy parts.

I won't say I am thrilled with the reissue of stuff I have already but neither am I really that concerned. I probably won't play the scenarios that have been re-gigged that I have played before but I will play some of the ones I have yet to play. Having played on the new boards I have not a single doubt that I will buy the new pack whilst having failed to keep up with the AP's and WO packs due to the failure to get them on VASL (one just done) means I don't feel the urgency whilst BFP ones will be with us far quicker

Ian

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
well, that's the way I see it, I would much rather see a brand new product than a rehash of something I already paid for. I know BFP do a great job and all but I just don't want to have to buy something twice over
Well, you don't have to.

If you have the feeling that ITR2 is just too much the same as ITR1, then just skip it. Some feel the same as you, others don't, and yet others buy it regardless of whether it is or not. Arguments have been brought forward for each view and may each have their justification.

Up to now, BFP has supported VASL with boards and counters. It will likely do the same for ITR2. So if you want to play those parts that are not included in ITR1, if I were you, I would try to find a VASL opponent for it. It is likely, that enough people will have bought the product then, so that you have good chances of finding one. This will also serve you well if your budget for ASL is tight at the moment.

Report the result of the games to ROAR and/or the ASL-Scenario Archive, maybe post an AAR here - everyone is happy.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see little point in doing this. Errata could be supplied on the website without any extra cost involved.

As for the boards, they seem fine to me as they are so again no one wins doing this.

ITR1 will not be reprinted, too small a market to make it worth while. Printing ITR2 without the original scenarios would be a good option, sucks for the guys missing out on the originals but that would be a solution.

As to the cost of re-printing the ITR1 boards and scenario cards with ITR2 will increase the cost of ITR2 but not sure by how much.

The important point here though is that the actual cost of ITR2 is not just ITR1 + ITR2 = x BFP have the right to also add that dirty option called profit into the equation. I doubt they will be adding much margin (profit) to the reprint whilst ITR2 I suspect will be where they kind of fit this into.

Why? Well the cost of balancing the original scenarios won't be much (in further playtesting) especially as not all need any help and a good proportion of the rest will need only some help so less hours required.

The new boards need a ton of work, the layout and proofing of new scenario cards post extensive playtesting of new scenarios is really the time greedy parts.

I won't say I am thrilled with the reissue of stuff I have already but neither am I really that concerned. I probably won't play the scenarios that have been re-gigged that I have played before but I will play some of the ones I have yet to play. Having played on the new boards I have not a single doubt that I will buy the new pack whilst having failed to keep up with the AP's and WO packs due to the failure to get them on VASL (one just done) means I don't feel the urgency whilst BFP ones will be with us far quicker

Ian
Once again, I'm not advocating this course... simply saying that you just can't please some whiney sand in my coochie ASL types...

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Once again, I'm not advocating this course... simply saying that you just can't please some whiney sand in my coochie ASL types...
Really was not claiming anyone said A B or C but rather putting my view across which is as much guess work as the next. I actually see both sides of the discussion and empathise with the views to a point. The plus side is that we will continue to get good product from BFP and after the time lapse between products from BFP I don't see a shortage of willing buyers LoL

Ian

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not necro ing' (whatever that means) anything, just standing up for what I said when I was called on it is all
You did "necro" the thread. The previous post to your first one was in August of last year.

Necroing a thread is to post to a thread has been inactive for months to years, bringing it back from the dead.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
You did "necro" the thread. The previous post to your first one was in August of last year.

Necroing a thread is to post to a thread has been inactive for months to years, bringing it back from the dead.
I'm afraid that I am very guilty of that. My PPPPPPP thread gets added to when both the mood take me and when I have something to add that doesn't fit elsewhere, regardless of how long ago my last addition was. While my thread is, I suppose, closer to a blog than most, I still don't want to start a new thread for each thought that I want to express.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you consider necroing a thread bringing up a thread on a relevant topic from August of last year, I'm afraid you don't have a very good understanding of the term.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the issue is reprinting previously published materials - then perhaps one might consider that every single scenario from HOW was re-published at some point in a different form -

Did you buy the reprints then?

Have you ever purchased a BFP product you were NOT happy with in the end?

I have zero issues with BFP - their process and policies and productions are in keeping with the highest standards for the hobby - and that is a worthwhile endeavor I will continue to support.

KRL, Jon H

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you consider necroing a thread bringing up a thread on a relevant topic from August of last year, I'm afraid you don't have a very good understanding of the term.
Given the pace of messaging here it is. And especially since there was a thread, still active on the same topic.