Message from MMP re: Dean Essig

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
From Peter Bartlett, posted 3/11 @ 0617.

Hi,
We just wanted to give everyone an update on Dean's health, given with permission of his family.

We have recently received word that Dean has been moved to hospice. Unfortunately, the cancer which caused his stroke/brain-bleed continues to spread despite treatment, so Dean and his family have decided that quality of life is more important at this stage than the continued aggressive treatments which have little chance of positive results.

While hospice is not always a final stop, and we want to remind everyone of that, it seems pretty clear that Dean will not be able to continue to work on various Gamers games. We are praying for positive results, but we need to prepare for the worst case scenario.

We have asked Carl Fung - a long time friend of Dean, and someone very well versed in the Gamers line of games - to take over project management of The Gamers line of series and games, working with the teams Dean has put together.

Thankfully for MMP, Carl has accepted. We were already quite impressed with the competence of Carl and his historical research abilities as demonstrated on many, many games.

Carl will also be honchoing both the Battalion Combat Series and the Line of Battle Series, in addition to the "project management" of the other honcho-led series (OCS, SCS, TCS). We will have a further update on ‘the State of the Gamers’ probably within a month or so, giving Carl a chance to get up to speed on current status.

So while we all hope and pray that Dean recovers, we feel like we're well prepared to move the Gamers lines of games ahead and keep producing fantastic titles.

Multi-Man Publishing, LLC

Last edited:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very sad news for his family and the gaming community.
My prayers are with them for peace and comfort.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
From Brian, posted on CSW 10:11 3/26

It is with very heavy hearts that we have to let his many fans and admirers know that our friend and for the past almost twenty five years fellow MMP'er Dean (Essig) passed away peacefully in his sleep.

His children plan on a memorial in his home town, probably several weeks in the future, we will be sure to post whatever information we have once we get it.

This is quite a shock to us as to how quickly he was overcome by this terrible disease.

"Rest Easy Shipmate, We have the Watch.

Last edited:

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My condolences to the Dean family.
RIP Dean

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I feel for them, April 2020 my dad passed from a very aggressive form of throat cancer, unfortunately at that time I could not go to the funeral, due to the covid lockdowns. Cancer sucks in so so many ways.. :(

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I feel for them, April 2020 my dad passed from a very aggressive form of throat cancer, unfortunately at that time I could not go to the funeral, due to the covid lockdowns. Cancer sucks in so so many ways.. :(
My father passed away last week. It was not sudden. He smoked 2+ packs of cigarettes a day for well over 45 years. He came home from a routine hospital visit and fell down dead less than an hour earlier. Feels oddly weird to know I will never speak with him again. -- jim

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My father passed away last week. It was not sudden. He smoked 2+ packs of cigarettes a day for well over 45 years. He came home from a routine hospital visit and fell down dead less than an hour earlier. Feels oddly weird to know I will never speak with him again. -- jim
Ayyyyeeee Jim, my condolences mate.....life is hard as it is, and it turns to the cold gray skies of a long winter when someone we need and love passes on....the only thing I can offer is this.. remember the good times and the bad, for that is all we have left but memories..I had a silent drink to my dad , and hope that he has a good rest, he deserved no less than that.. Time heals the heart of pain and loss, but it takes time to do so..that is life..

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
My condolences to you and your family. My folks have been gone since the '90s. You get over it eventually but things are never quite the same.😥

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Ayyyyeeee Jim, my condolences mate.....life is hard as it is, and it turns to the cold gray skies of a long winter when someone we need and love passes on....the only thing I can offer is this.. remember the good times and the bad, for that is all we have left but memories..I had a silent drink to my dad , and hope that he has a good rest, he deserved no less than that.. Time heals the heart of pain and loss, but it takes time to do so..that is life..
Amen to that.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
My condolences, Jim. Lost my dad in ‘88 and my mom (at 96) a year ago. It is a strange feeling to realize that I now am in the “senior tier” of the family hierarchy.