Long March scenario question

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Long March Question on scenario LM 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve or Jay. Gary Trezza and I are trying this one out for possible inclusion at Albany. However we have a question on it. In HR 4. When it mentions that the KMT has already first expended 1/2 MF offboard. How does the calcualtion get done?

Conscript squad with leader = 7 CX MF ( Assuming they are cxing) yielding 3.5 mf for onboard movement?
Or:
Conscript squad with leader = 3 1/2 ed to 1.5 then add two for leader and then two for CX? ( Again assuming they desire to CX)Yielding 5.5 for onboard movement?
Like the look of the pack BTW, looking forward to getting a few of these in.
Thanks for the help in advance, Carl

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know you are looking for an official answer, but FWIW (not much) I'd use the first method. 3.5 MF on board.

Why is it 7MF instead of 8?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Conscripts, Sam.
Correct, the Nationalist Chinese are conscripts. I agree with you Sam, however my opponent thinks it may be just a halving of the base movement factors and not of the bonus movement factors, such as CX and leadership bonuses.
Gary is an experienced, excellent player and I certainly respect his interpertation. We want to try the scenario out and see if it would be a good fit at Gary's Albany tourny. However getting a straight official answer to a pretty simple question has been like pulling teeth.
Thanks for trying to help though Sam.
Carl

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve D is on vacation this week. I forwarded him the question and wither he will answer or send me an answer to post.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...my opponent thinks it may be just a halving of the base movement factors and not of the bonus movement factors, such as CX and leadership bonuses.

I'd think the overall movement ability would be halved absent an "(EXC: CX and Leader Bonus MF)". I hope some punk tries to rules lawyer Gary during a game like that...:cool:

Oh, and Carl, what Brian said re: Bocage was correct, officially, until a change is made. Does it make sense? No...:nuts:

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Correct, the Nationalist Chinese are conscripts. I agree with you Sam, however my opponent thinks it may be just a halving of the base movement factors and not of the bonus movement factors, such as CX and leadership bonuses.
Gary is an experienced, excellent player and I certainly respect his interpertation. We want to try the scenario out and see if it would be a good fit at Gary's Albany tourny. However getting a straight official answer to a pretty simple question has been like pulling teeth.
Thanks for trying to help though Sam.
Carl
I will try to question the original designer. Let ya know how it goes.

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You declare the movement and then it is half of that. If it is a single squad its (in this case) 1.5 With leader is 2.5 and then the example you show is 3.5.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you Steve & Steve. Appreciate it.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd think the overall movement ability would be halved absent an "(EXC: CX and Leader Bonus MF)". I hope some punk tries to rules lawyer Gary during a game like that...:cool:

Oh, and Carl, what Brian said re: Bocage was correct, officially, until a change is made. Does it make sense? No...:nuts:
That would be another qustion for another post.

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Long March Question on scenario LM 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve or Jay. Gary Trezza and I are trying this one out for possible inclusion at Albany. However we have a question on it. In HR 4. When it mentions that the KMT has already first expended 1/2 MF offboard. How does the calcualtion get done?

Conscript squad with leader = 7 CX MF ( Assuming they are cxing) yielding 3.5 mf for onboard movement?
Or:
Conscript squad with leader = 3 1/2 ed to 1.5 then add two for leader and then two for CX? ( Again assuming they desire to CX)Yielding 5.5 for onboard movement?
Like the look of the pack BTW, looking forward to getting a few of these in.
Thanks for the help in advance, Carl
Hey. Not an officoal answer but....The only two ways I see them expending half off board is your first assumption. They CX from the get go for 7 halved for 3.5.

Or

2.5 with leader entering with 2.5 and and late CX for 3 because they could never get more than 6 MF with a late CX if they were on board.

I look at it as if they are starting an on board MPh only off board rather than doing the mathematics.