Interest in DASL Boards

Would you purchase DASL boards BF1 and BF2?

• Total voters

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is an exploratory poll to determine interest in our previously published DASL boards.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Several people have inquired about these boards and have also wanted to use them in designs. The intent is to print in the "SK style" format.
If the poll leads us to make them available, it will be a very limited print run.
We will not include them with any product, they would be available for individual purchase.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
A price of around... ?

As some of us already have the paper copies.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for thinking about reprinting these. The original paper ones don't seem to match up too well with the official boards, maybe the reprints could be made to mate up better?

Would it be possible to make the five scenarios using these boards available as well? Our SoCal group has enjoyed playings of Sverdlikova Melee and From Bad to Würselen, scenarios we'd play again as either side. Also The Narrow Front has similar comments "would play again" on ASL Scenario Archive.

Here are some screen grabs of the maps (from ASL Scenario Archive), they definitely offer something different from the 17 official DASL maps we currently have:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A price of around... ?

As some of us already have the paper copies.
My guess would be around $10. But I cant lock in a price as publishing have skyrocketed.
I wont even pursue it that far if there is not enough general interest.

Chris_Riches

Reaction score
Country
ll
Definitely would buy. I prefer smaller scenarios, and DASL provides a great intensity in the way that you concentrate on a smaller playing area.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Would you publish the DeLuxe boards with the scenarios using them?
I only am interested in boards that have scenarios for them.
Perhaps adding a handful of new scenarios would be nice too... but I wouldn't want to add a burden to your publication schedule.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Apparently the message and intent was not clear.

The "paper boards" are not anywhere near our current standard. Would do these in current standard. This would be done at a $ loss but need at least some interest to not make it catastrophic. It is worth it as we could break even on it several years from now but would put the boards back in play as well as some possible scenarios.
Although there was once a time when I was trying to do a DASL project waaaay back, there is no way we are going to do a DASL project now with so many great things in the works.
We would then use the scenarios in designs here and there occasionally in projects.
However, I do not plan to use them for designs without a reprint for a number of reasons. So if this does not look to be a reasonable enough venture, we will generally not pursue the development of DASL scenarios. If enough people are not willing to spend ~$10 on a board it indicates that there is not enough interest to pursue this niche of ASL.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I purchased MMP DeLuxe redux - even though I had SoF and HH - as well as the WO packs with DeLuxe boards & scenarios, and LFT DeLuxe pack.
But I wouldn't just purchase DeLuxe boards without scenarios: I am more a player than a collector.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I purchased MMP DeLuxe redux - even though I had SoF and HH - as well as the WO packs with DeLuxe boards & scenarios, and LFT DeLuxe pack.
But I wouldn't just purchase DeLuxe boards without scenarios: I am more a player than a collector.
There would be some scenarios if people wanted the boards.
Sorry, but too many good projects and too few people helping to get sidetracked on a DASL project that probably very few people actually want.

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
There would be some scenarios if people wanted the boards.
Sorry, but too many good projects and too few people helping to get sidetracked on a DASL project that probably very few people actually want.
I think one suggestion was that it might be more palatable if it was possible to reprint (or even just provide electronic copies to avoid printing costs) just the five original scenarios that used these boards when they were first released since many folks might not have them. (Assuming of course they are BFP’s to reprint at this point). In theory not much development effort?

Beyond that, I’ll agree I’m more interested in the various things I’ve heard in the works at BFP than I would be in a new DASL pack.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think one suggestion was that it might be more palatable if it was possible to reprint (or even just provide electronic copies to avoid printing costs) just the five original scenarios that used these boards when they were first released since many folks might not have them. (Assuming of course they are BFP’s to reprint at this point). In theory not much development effort?

Beyond that, I’ll agree I’m more interested in the various things I’ve heard in the works at BFP than I would be in a new DASL pack.
-We own the rights to all of our previous DASL scenarios
-Unfortunately printing the scenarios starts to incur bigger expenses
-If we said we would do the 5 or however many scenario reprints, then people would simply say they already have them, needs to have 5+ new scenarios

The idea of making the boards inexpensively available in SK style seems to be DOA

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see more DASL scenarios being played at tournaments as we age. With MMP being all in on DASL I am sure your boards will sell well (and I’ll only buy Finns with DASL 😂)

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have no desire to own more unofficial boards.
I am pretty much at board saturation. Owning 100+ official, plus dozens of TPP geoboards, I am not looking for more. I'll still buy select products that interest me, but more boards aren't a motivator for purchase.

Last edited:

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
-We own the rights to all of our previous DASL scenarios
-Unfortunately printing the scenarios starts to incur bigger expenses
-If we said we would do the 5 or however many scenario reprints, then people would simply say they already have them, needs to have 5+ new scenarios

The idea of making the boards inexpensively available in SK style seems to be DOA
You could always place them up for preorder. If you hit your magic number, you print. If you don’t then you don’t.