I'm just boasting here

Mister T

Silver Supporting Member
What's the use of a seaside café if you don't have a team in the world cup to support ? :p

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Last time I was in Scotland, the best meal I had was at the Fish Cafe in Tobermory. If you made the list and they didn't,... wow.
Next time I'm over, I *must* eat at your place.

And Iceland Smite!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Last time I was in Scotland, the best meal I had was at the Fish Cafe in Tobermory. If you made the list and they didn't,... wow.
Next time I'm over, I *must* eat at your place.

And Iceland Smite!
We are not a fancy place, just a bacon roll, burger and chips, but we try to make up for that by being friendly...

aiabx

Same as it ever was
I'll travel a long way for a good burger and chips. I'm not a snob. "Best" is still pretty compelling.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
He meant to say beer. No one would go to a seaside cafe and ask for 'soda', whatever the hell that is. Damn autocorrect.

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
Soda: An alkaline Sodium compound, like Caustic Soda aka Sodium Hydroxide or Washing Soda aka Sodium Carbonate. Both can be used for cleaning, the Hydroxide being by far the stronger form.

I suppose they could be used to "clean out your digestive system", but I would very, very strongly recommend against.

Restrict the above to cleaning your drains and your clothes respectively. Do not drink.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
If you did ask for a soda here you woukd likely get a blank look or be told we don't have any soda but could do a sparkling mineral water?
We don't have beer, which is a good thing for both my waistline and driving licence!

MAS01

First name
Mark
"Please, stop using such horrible four letter words."

I thought he was talking about "free" . . . . . . . .

Last edited: