HoB help!

ldesnogu

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Well on my side, I have had issues with them. It looks like Steve mailbox tends to consider my mails as spam. He found my first mail long after I sent it, I then answered and now no news...

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Well on my side, I have had issues with them. It looks like Steve mailbox tends to consider my mails as spam. He found my first mail long after I sent it, I then answered and now no news...
Well you are not alone
I have a Order that I have not resived from then (1 year)
send a some of mail well case not resolved

I am not going to order anyting more direct from them
think even CH have more control the HOB have right now

Styrk

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kreta AoC 4 Town and Country

Played AoC4 Town and Country yesterday at our local club meeting. This is the sole DASL scenario in the Kreta module. 10.5 paratroop sqds defend part of a village against 21 Brit 1st liners supported by a pair of Mk VIB's (w/ B10 MGs and red MPs). Action is supposed to take place on 3 DASL boards. Starts on the board d w/ the Brits needing to get 14 infantry VP across that one, board h and onto board f by game end.

In our playing he Brits never really made it past the first board except for 2 h/s's and a Mk VI.

The question is on the HSR which states Cretan Buildings are NA. By our reading that negates OM13 (all bldgs single story and stone) -13.1 (rooftops). Is this correct or did we misread the HSR? 1st liners trying to dig elite para's out of stone bldgs is a tough task. 2 story stone bldgs is even harder.

Thx

Bill

bennerc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Kreta AoC 4 Town and Country

Played AoC4 Town and Country yesterday at our local club meeting. This is the sole DASL scenario in the Kreta module. 10.5 paratroop sqds defend part of a village against 21 Brit 1st liners supported by a pair of Mk VIB's (w/ B10 MGs and red MPs). Action is supposed to take place on 3 DASL boards. Starts on the board d w/ the Brits needing to get 14 infantry VP across that one, board h and onto board f by game end.

In our playing he Brits never really made it past the first board except for 2 h/s's and a Mk VI.

The question is on the HSR which states Cretan Buildings are NA. By our reading that negates OM13 (all bldgs single story and stone) -13.1 (rooftops). Is this correct or did we misread the HSR? 1st liners trying to dig elite para's out of stone bldgs is a tough task. 2 story stone bldgs is even harder.

Thx

Bill
Although I am not a definitive source for HOB HSR interpretations, I played this scenario last week and we interpreted that HSR as you suggested; the stone buildings are multi-level.

I played as the Brits and felt like it was a pretty tall task to get past the elite paras in stone buildings, but I eventually broke through because I got lucky with my sniper, not because I did something that was tactically cool. :paperbag:

On the first turn I used all but six squads to go after the three-hex stone building on the right flank. I was hoping to overpower the two squads and leader defending it. I managed to take it by turn two.

Both of us were rolling crap for three turns but I finally I got some great shots from the MK VIs; they caused two different 2MCs. Both elite paras passed with flying colors but triggered a 1 sniper both times. Both snipers broke two squads on the left flank that allowed all of the Brit reinforcements and the orginal six squads to rush the left flank and take some prisoners. :horse: After that, the Germans couldn't stop the Brits from reach the boards in the rear.

It was a strange game. I guess the only thing I learned about the scenario is that the Germans need to kind of spread out so the Brits can't side step their way to the back boards. If the Germans are spread out like that, a couple broken units on one flank or the other can spell doom for the Germans, but I was only able to do it because I was lucky.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Is there anything glaringly obvious on the website other than old email addresses?
Other than the email adddresses, which is very much in need of fixing - how can you do business with someone if you can't contact them on the addresses provided - the only other things I can see to be updated are fairly minor.

ie. None of the links to the forums are correctly linked to gamesquad.com (they're either to strategyzoneonline.com or warfarehq.com). Blame Don Maddox for continuing to change his mind about which URL to use! :smoke:

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have it updated as best I can see. Please let me know either here or directly if you see any other errors.

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,

I have been out with some family stuff (sister in a major accident with Fatalities, she's OK now), baseball, which has ended, and lots of work stuff. Send me a PM with any outstanding issues and will help to resolve.