HoB help!

fabiofotomoto

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi
how i can contact someone from the Hob designesr to ask a clarification about ss1 of rbf29?
thanks in advnace
Fabio M.

MadDog_CDN

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nice to see you again.

Thanks,
i hope they'll answer
Fabio
Hi Fabio

There are a couple folks from HOB that frequent these forums, so they may respond.

Hope all is well and your boy is learning the game, or at least not throwing the counters around. :D

Take care,
Richard

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good luck. HOB does not have a good record for responding to e-mails.

fabiofotomoto

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi Mark
first thanks for answering my private question about AP26
second the mail to Hob are bounced back, so my RbF29 is still stopped at start due the damned SSR1!:-((
Fabio

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Mark
first thanks for answering my private question about AP26
second the mail to Hob are bounced back, so my RbF29 is still stopped at start due the damned SSR1!:-((
Fabio
So, perhaps you've already asked, but what is the SSR you are questioning?

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Good luck. HOB does not have a good record for responding to e-mails.
Personally i have found them to be VERY prompt with replying to e-mails... but Mark does seem to have issues... with HOB; perhaps they are content to let him work out his issues on his own?

fabiofotomoto said:
Fabio
Did you read the correct way to send an e-mail to them? They made a point of showing how to get in contact with them but they don't put up a straight e-mail address due to spamming attacks on their server. IIRC the klaus@heatofbattle.com doesn't work.

Also, in my e-mail discussions with them i get the feeling that they are not too enamored with this forum, so they very rarely post here, though i know that they do read here. It is not difficult to understand why sometimes.

Like SamB says: assuming that your answer is not on the Errata page for HOB why not ask it in the Rules section?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Did you read the correct way to send an e-mail to them? They made a point of showing how to get in contact with them but they don't put up a straight e-mail address due to spamming attacks on their server.
It is not very intuitive, because although you are right they have this info buried on their homepage, they then have three straight email addresses at the bottom of their homepage.

So the confusion is HoB's fault really... they say in their buried announcement that their old email addresses no longer work, but then they continue to list those same disabled email addreses in multiple places all over their website.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
It is not very intuitive, because although you are right they have this info buried on their homepage, they then have three straight email addresses at the bottom of their homepage.

So the confusion is HoB's fault really... they say in their buried announcement that their old email addresses no longer work, but then they continue to list those same disabled email addreses in multiple places all over their website.
:laugh: I never said it was easy!
I agree it is not intuitive, and it is confusing that they have not updated their website. But the way to contact them IS written on their website and i tried to explain to Fabio why his attempts might not have worked - i had trouble when i first tried too for exactly that same reason.

However, mostly i was replaying to Marks comments, which were, in the main, incorrect.

I think HOB would do well to update and tidy up their website...
... just as i think Fabio would do well in trying to find an answer to his question in our most excellent rules forum.
... just as i think we would all do well attempting to make MMP and our TPPs feel welcome on our forum rather than running around screaming "the sky is falling" at each and any opportunity.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally i have found them to be VERY prompt with replying to e-mails... but Mark does seem to have issues... with HOB; perhaps they are content to let him work out his issues on his own?
I have no "issues" with them. I have seen too many complaints over the years in their folder on Consimworld about people having e-mailed them about some problem or another and not having gotten a response.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I have no "issues" with them. I have seen too many complaints over the years in their folder on Consimworld about people having e-mailed them about some problem or another and not having gotten a response.
Ah... So you don't have any PERSONAL experience of their tardiness then?

It is fine to quote to source of your information like this so we can see why you make such statements, but your comments seem to come from such a subjective place and runs counter to my PERSONAL experience of HOB.

Now we know that you are relying on second-hand information though we can give your feelings on this matter the weight they deserve.

fabiofotomoto

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
hi
thanks a lot
finally i can start, i supposed was simply a typographic mistake, but i only need a clarification. In effect the bourning building instead of an empy open ground hex makes an huge difference:))
Thanks again to all answer me in private way, or write here.
i'm sorry my original post was used to create a polemic about Hob, a serious company who make excellent asl products
FabioM

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah... So you don't have any PERSONAL experience of their tardiness then?

It is fine to quote to source of your information like this so we can see why you make such statements, but your comments seem to come from such a subjective place and runs counter to my PERSONAL experience of HOB.

Now we know that you are relying on second-hand information though we can give your feelings on this matter the weight they deserve.
I am not relying on second hand information. I am relying on what my own eyes have observed.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am not relying on second hand information. I am relying on what my own eyes have observed.
Ah but observation assumes that all the facts are there to see...

On this board it is those with an axe to grind who write the noisiest threads; they speak for themselves (as is their right), but rarely for many of us let alone most of us.
Anyone reading those threads in a search for 'the facts' would end up with a skewed interpretation because people who are happy with service rarely take the time to write as voluminously as the few who are dissatisfied.
In the service industry i believe the maxim is:
"10 happy customers = 1 word of mouth referral,
1 unhappy customer = 10 word of mouth referrals
"

As someone who professes to being a historian i hope you don't base all your interpretations of history on a few limited and possibly biased sources... i would hope that you check your facts thoroughly before making a blanket statement.

MadDog_CDN

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Quick service

If I have had ANY problems with HOB, they have always been very quick to respond and correct the issue.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If I have had ANY problems with HOB, they have always been very quick to respond and correct the issue.

Same here. Only had a problem with an order once and it was cleared up immediately. :salute: