Heat of Battle errata?

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
RbF 23 - Romanian Holiday - setup questions
Hi all,

I'm looking to play "Romanian Holiday" from Recon By Fire 3. There's a few things in the setup that seem strange, I want to make sure this is correct:

1) The Romanians can only set up on bd 33? i.e. they're not allowed to set up on bd 4, amongst their fortifications?
2) The Bunkers are supposed to face NE and SE - away from the direction the Russians are approaching..?

The Historical Perspective says the Russians hit them in the flank, which is why I have a feeling some of these points are incorrect. It doesn't sound like the Romanians were caught unawares, behind the lines, eating brekkie!

I'll also private message Paul Kenny, the designer (is he still around these forums?)...

Last question - is the heat of battle website gone fer good? Did anyone save their errata docs, or even better, post them elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

I'm looking to play "Romanian Holiday" from Recon By Fire 3. There's a few things in the setup that seem strange, I want to make sure this is correct:

1) The Romanians can only set up on bd 33? i.e. they're not allowed to set up on bd 4, amongst their fortifications?
2) The Bunkers are supposed to face NE and SE - away from the direction the Russians are approaching..?

The Historical Perspective says the Russians hit them in the flank, which is why I have a feeling some of these points are incorrect. It doesn't sound like the Romanians were caught unawares, behind the lines, eating brekkie!

I'll also private message Paul Kenny, the designer (is he still around these forums?)...

Last question - is the heat of battle website gone fer good? Did anyone save their errata docs, or even better, post them elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!
I can only help with one part of this...

HOB's new website:

http://heatofbattlegames.com/index.php

S

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
Paul Kenney has not been seen nor heard from since the snow storm that closed down MMP a few weeks ago.

He may be using his "Glennbo Survival Skills" as well as burning his stockpile of FE scenarios just too keep warm..

Maybe someone should call 911?

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Good question... I am not the designer but I did talk with him at the time. The reason is that the Russians had been pushed out of their fortification line. This scenario depicts a COUNTER-attack to retake their bunker lines. If the Russians can push some Romanians past the Pillboxes, then the Russians can re-occupy the Pillboxes against the Romanians.

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks, Steve! This actually looks like a really fun scenario. It's been a while since I've played a big meaty sumb!itch where you can lose a few platoons and not even flinch. Plus early-war tanks, Guns, bunkers, russian arty, wire and trenches? Can't lose!

(Note to moderators - editing the word "b!tch"?!? Really? Are there five-year-olds that might be reading this? :) )

Last edited: